Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose - SV650s or GSR600

Options
  • 17-08-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I'm going to get one of the above and I cant pick!!

Will be using for commute ~20K -> 30K a day.

It will be a 05 SV650s or a 06 GSR

Suzuki_GSR600_d9-011r.jpg

2005_sv650s_K5_black_500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

IMO for looks alone I'd go for the bottom one, SV650.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

the sv looks better but the can looks out of proportion to the rest of the bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Hope to get trade up myself in the new year and was looking at both of these models.
    Both get great reviews and seem to be great bikes so when I am picking it will be down to best price and lowest mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I have a DL650 which uses the SV650 engine with some modifications - I've used it every single day for the last 3 years for a ~ 25K commute and it has been rock solid so engine-wise at least, my recommendation would be for the SV650 but I've never even taken a GSR for a ride (tried out a friend's SV awhile back, lovely bike).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thebandito600

Its up to your own personal choice, i reckon for commuting the gsr might be more comfortable,though the sv is a sweet looking bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Of those two i rather the GSR but I own a Kawasaki er6-n and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

These are two very good bikes but I'd go with the SV650s if I were you. But PLEASE, get full fairings for it! Doesn't look nice without it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Id go with the SV, great looking and OHH the sound with a nice micron. heavenly sound

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

deffo sv, I've ridden them, cracking bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

for commute, and keeping with the SV engine, I'd seriously include the DL650. A lot of them were sold on special offer so would have things like heated grips and top boxes - maybe even panniers, so I think you should def add that to the list. Pricewise, an '05 DL w/top box and heated grips is about 5k. If a large part of the commute is in urban area, you'll find the DL better than the SV.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I have ridden both. The SV sounds better and IMHO both are as attractive as each other.
    Having said that... i thought the GSR rode better, turned in easier, has a more modern chassis and brake setup...
    There is a lot to like.
    Personally if it was my money it would go to the GSR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

you can always drop the forks in the SV to make her turn quicker. The brakes however will always be dogs

Advertisement