Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blocking Go Safe van

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

If it's legal to park there, then i dont see how. but i'd make sure all my documentation was in order etc first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I'd say a grey legal area.

On one hand he parked legally but on the other is he obstructing the law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....if they do not move when told to do so.

Probably end up in the station "assisting the police with their enquiries."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Doesn't look illegally parked so I would say it was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

mullingar wrote: »

Its not a Garda vehicle though (the only relevent law I can think of is 'obstructing a Garda in the course of their duties'.) I'd say once he's parked legally, he's doing nothing wrong. Only imo though because I cant find any relevent legislation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

maybe the transit was there first.............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Just looks like two parked vans. Nothing to suggest that either of them are occupied or that the vans are parked illegally.

mullingar wrote: »

Its against the law to obstruct garda in their duties but go safe aren't privileged to such consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

One job I'd hate. Putting up with that ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Is that outside the chilling in Kildare Town?

Like shooting fish in a barrel. Pretty sure there's a 60kph limit coming down a long steep hill on the Newbridge road. Sneaky!

Accident blackspots my arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

They're dirty dogs in those vans. I see them all the time on roads I know personally have had no fatalities and are only catching people sneaking over the limit.

I'm sure I like most people have no issue with them operating on dangerous stretches of roads and outside schools but by and large that's not where you see them.

Its flash for cash van doesn't matter what spin they put on it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

School boy error if the go safe van is trying to operate from that position.
    Surely you would Park n in a position with no parking spots to your rear.
    I figure it is just parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Might be parked illegally regardless of the go safe van; against the flow of traffic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

visual wrote: »
    Its flash for cash van doesn't matter what spin they put on it

There's one spot they sit at very near my house that I fully approve of. Really bad corner that about 4/5 cars per year end up the ditch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

doesn't all those things start off as road safety

but then it turns into a money racket

they've got to make it pay or else they're out of a job and someone else more ruthless steps in

like ice cream vans

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Jayop wrote: »
    There's one spot they sit at very near my house that I fully approve of. Really bad corner that about 4/5 cars per year end up the ditch.

I agree with you at accident blackspots. But when you see them at a spot that has a rate of 1 accident every 3 yrs you have to wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is that a solid white line?

Separately, a hard shoulder is a verge and you aren't allowed park there. It is nuanced and you are unlikely to be prosecuted for that alone.
    Jayop wrote: »
    I see them all the time on roads I know personally have had no fatalities and are only catching people sneaking over the limit.
    If you are travelling at a speed in excess of the limit, you are breaking the law. Any excuses can be referred to your local judge for consideration. I don't know the particular location, but it seems to be a location where speeding has been highlighted in a town.
    visual wrote: »
    Its against the law to obstruct garda in their duties but go safe aren't privileged to such consideration
    I disagree. Go Safe are operating under the instruction of a Garda. You would be obstructing the activities of that Garda.

Would you do the same with the soldiers in an armed cash-in-transit situation?

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    I disagree. Go Safe are operating under the instruction of a Garda. You would be obstructing the activities of that Garda.

Well hardly..........they have guns ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

That van should start selling spuds or strawberrys or both to pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

one of those vans was set on fire near to wear i live. the operator was lucky to get out alive

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

auldgranny wrote: »

So? Are you saying people should only obey the law if they have a gun pointed at them? The same principle applies - a garda operation would be obstructed.

Note that vehicles (like vans) kill a lot more people than guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Might be parked illegally regardless of the go safe van; against the flow of traffic?
    Nope. No such law in Ireland. AFAIK

Not necessarily. Go Safe are operating under the instruction of the government more-so than the gardaí.
    The Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Mr. Dermot Ahern T.D. and the Garda Commissioner, Fachtna Murphy, today signed a contract with the GoSafe consortium for the provision and operation of a network of safety cameras to detect speeding drivers.

Considering that Fachtna Murphy is retired now, you're not obstructing the activities of that garda as he is no longer an active member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I took this pic an hour later 25ss84z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

ardle1 wrote: »
    I took this pic an hour later 25ss84z.png

Is that just because it's 02.10 or are you the actually world's worst photoshopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Sunhill wrote: »
    Is that just because it's 02.10 or are you the actually world's worst photoshopper?

lol, eh It's a bit of both, but more the latter :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

ardle1 wrote: »
    lol, eh It's a bit of both, but more the latter :o

It's quite an impressive photoshop jobbie. Especially impressed with the angles on the tyres.

Advertisement