Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caught Speeding

• 30-07-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Ok so I was travelling home the other day from cork and I got pulled over by a cop for doing 147km, Im not gonna argue because I was speeding!
    The Garda took my name and Registration number of the car, I got ticket today!
    The ticket needs my name and licence number etc. and how to pay fixed penalty!
    I already have 2 penalty points and my question is can I put my girlfriends name down on this with her licence number ( she has no problem with it) to spread out the points!
    The fixed penalty form is the same form as the speed van ones!

Help would be appreciated but no abuse :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

But you gave your details already to the guard. How would you explain the sex change and different licence number when it's copped?

4 points makes no difference to anything anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Now, if you had a boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

get into the other place and pick yerself up a fella that looks like you o.p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

If I get caught by a speed van though the same form comes and if my GF is driving she puts down her details and no problem!
    Surely the ticket is out of guards hands now and he wont check it up! once he puts it into the system its out of his hands unless the fine is unpaid and hes called to court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Request a photograph of your car. There was a landmark case recently about someone challenging a speeding ticket as there was no photo supplied. He won the case. Well worth a try.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Request a photograph of your car. There was a landmark case recently about someone challenging a speeding ticket as there was no photo supplied. He won the case. Well worth a try.

yea that case was in ballina, must do that so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

TheBully wrote: »
    Ok so I was travelling home the other day from cork and I got pulled over by a cop for doing 147km, Im not gonna argue because I was speeding!
    The Garda took my name and Registration number of the car, I got ticket today!
    The ticket needs my name and licence number etc. and how to pay fixed penalty!
    I already have 2 penalty points and my question is can I put my girlfriends name down on this with her licence number ( she has no problem with it) to spread out the points!
    The fixed penalty form is the same form as the speed van ones!

Help would be appreciated but no abuse :cool:

Looks like from reading the below that as you were caught in person you cannot nominate someone else.

Garda.ie FAQ section (won't let me post link)

I own the vehicle but was not driving at the time. What do I do?
    · The Statement of Nomination of Name and Address of Driver section (see reverse of notice) must be completed by the owner of the vehicle with the name and address of the driver of the vehicle on the date of the offence. The completed notice should be returned to the Fixed Charge Processing Office within 28 days of the date of the notice. No payment should be returned at this time as a new notice will be issued to the driver. It is the responsibility of the owner, not the driver, to complete the notice

· If the Statement of Nomination of Name and Address of Driver does not appear on the reverse of your notice, this indicates that the driver was stopped in person by the detecting Garda at the time of the alleged offence.

See also Company fines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You know you shouldn't be speeding?

sorry.

Kop On wrote: »
    Looks like from reading the below that as you were caught in person you cannot nominate someone else.

Garda.ie FAQ section (won't let me post link)

I own the vehicle but was not driving at the time. What do I do?
    · The Statement of Nomination of Name and Address of Driver section (see reverse of notice) must be completed by the owner of the vehicle with the name and address of the driver of the vehicle on the date of the offence. The completed notice should be returned to the Fixed Charge Processing Office within 28 days of the date of the notice. No payment should be returned at this time as a new notice will be issued to the driver. It is the responsibility of the owner, not the driver, to complete the notice

· If the Statement of Nomination of Name and Address of Driver does not appear on the reverse of your notice, this indicates that the driver was stopped in person by the detecting Garda at the time of the alleged offence.

See also Company fines

Thanks cop on, that's all I needed to know! another 2 points so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unlucky OP.. I travel that road a fair bit myself and it's practically deserted most of the way. It really should be 140, not 120.

4 points shouldn't affect your insurance though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Perhaps Pudsey or one of his "honest" brothers was actually to blame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If you were pulled by a cop and he knocked your window I don't thin I would chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take your points like a man OP.
    Asking advice on how to avoid penalties is not ok here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement