Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Alarms

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good alarm for a bike?
    What kind of cost am i looking at?
    How do the cheap ones differ from the pricier ones?

I've just moved house in town and it looks like I'll have to lock the BROS up on the street outside, no parking anywhere. Needless to say I'm none to happy about it but it's hard enought to find a decent gaff to rent around town. I'm thinking an alarm might be some sort of deterrent against little sh1ts damaging it at least.
    Gettin fire & theft on my policy just doesn't seem worth it, I'd be paying abot 1 1/2 times the value of the bike every year in total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I had a DataTool Red alarm & immobiliser fitted by a great guy called Joe. He's a bit far from Dublin (Kinnegad) but he's well worth a visit! PM me if you want his mobile number!

I also had an Acumen beeper (on eBay) that went off when the alarm sounded when I was within range which was pretty much all the time!

I also had a big 'fook off' chain and disc lock on top of everything and I always parked the bike where it was safe and where I could see/hear it.

I had the Bandit for over 2 years and no attempts were ever made to steal it.

I now have a 2007 Fireblade and guess what I'm going to get for her? That's right! A DataTool Red alarm & immobiliser and a beeper! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Ronan3345

thanks steffano, I'll defo look into gettin one of those fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Spend the money on a good lock and chain and use a secure anchoring point and get a cheap and cheerful alarm like this:
    http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/node/25
    There is a good fitter in County Meath.
    The four heavies who travel around in a transit lifting bikes, laugh at the sound of expensive alarms....
    Oh maybe an alarmed disc lock as a back-up just in case a concerned and vigilant citizen is around at the time of the interference to your pride and joy.
    I hate scummers who mess with our bikes. :cool:

Advertisement