Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring Offroad bike against Theft

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi guys/gals, just wondering is it possible to insure a scrambler/enduro bike against theft only? The bike is worth around 7 grand, and is stored in a locked garage.I dont use it on the road.Could it be covered under house insurance or could i insure it for theft only through a normal motor insurer? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Best bet is stick it on the house insurance, send them on the details and it should be OK. Most likely can't get normal insurance on it cause it's never been reg'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Thanks del, the bike is road registered, might call into Hibernian and ask them about it.Failing that, the house insurance is the next step.Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Did you have any luck?

My home owner insurance refused to cover my quad bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Did you have any luck?

My home owner insurance refused to cover my quad bikes.

used to have my CR125 on the house insurance, as long as it was kept in the gargae they had no problems but obviously they wont cover anything out your back garden, that includes sheads.

Advertisement