Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scoda Octavia 2.0 tdi estate or equivalent Honda Accord?!

• 30-07-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hey! Quick question.
    I am looking for a car.
    Really like the Octavia 2.0 tdi estate in elegance spec...have my eye on one for approx 6.5K

I am looking for the estate for extra space and for my hobbies of cycling, surfing and hiking(ie to carry my stuff!)

I was trawling through Carzone etc and found an equivalent Honda (except a saloon) for approx the same price.
    It has a nice leather interior and all the bells and whistles.

How would these two compare in terms of
    -reliability
    -comfort
    -fun to drive
    -spec for your buck

Thanks a mil!

A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The accord is better on all fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Arequipa

The model i see on carzone is a 2.0 sport with leather seats etc...
    looks really nice..

I could always fold the seats down and fit the bike in...

How would you see it as better than the Skoda?

Hey! Just bumping this up..

So would an Accord 2.0 exec 2006

be a better car than

an Octavia 2.0 tdi Estate 2006?

I like all the storage in the Octavia for my bike and surfboard, but saying that the seats fold down in the Accord!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Arequipa wrote: »
    Hey! Just bumping this up..

So would an Accord 2.0 exec 2006

be a better car than

an Octavia 2.0 tdi Estate 2006?

I like all the storage in the Octavia for my bike and surfboard, but saying that the seats fold down in the Accord!

A

Hands down the honda.
    Better car in every way.
    If you can live with the boot its a far more reliable comfortable refined car.
    Unless you do over 25 thousand km a year the honda by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Why not get an Accord Touring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Do the seats definately fold in the Accord? Can't remember if I ever checked them on mine.

I do know that I could only just about fit stuff in my Accord Saloon that could be lobbed in to the boot of the wife's V50. Not because the boot on the V50 was that much bigger (probably a little smaller), but the opening on the rear of an Estate makes it so much easier to load stuff in to.

Surfboard or bike in the boot of an Accord? I wouldn't be so sure.

Honda be a better all around car, expect for the fuel consumption - 2.0Tdi Octavia will do much higher MPG than a 2.0i VTEC Accord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

The seats do fold in the Accord saloon just checked mine there as never had to do it yet myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I dunno Bazz, my mates are slagging me with this whole estate lark..

How do you find your Accord?
    Would you recommend it?

The asking price for that Volvo is rather strong.

• Advertisement

I would recommend an Accord. I have mine about 10 months. They are very reliable car and mine is going great. The exec should have all the extras too. Not bad on petrol either recently got 700 km out of a tank. Comfy car too and well put together.

Gav, would you rank it ahead of an Octavia in terms of comfort, power etc...?!

I would say it is a better car definitely in my option anyway. Also bare in mind the Accord is in a class above the Octavia the superb is more a competitor. The Accord petrol engine is a good one decent power at 155 bhp.

Thanks Gavman!

Advertisement