Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get Focus car keys cut cheaply?

Options
  • 30-07-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Car keys stolen today. ( 2007 Ford Focus)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It was the set with the button that opens/locks the car doors remotely, as well as drive the car. Anyone know of somewhere (Dublin/Kildare/Meath area) that will make me a replacement key, with the door remote locking fob? The Ford dealership want over 200 smackers. I have a vague memory of reading posts here, about some guy in Kilare who does (did?) it for 80 quid or less.

I have a spare key that starts the car and opens/locks the doors, if you turn the key in the lock. What would I be looking at to convert that over to a key with the remote door locking fob, seeing as it is (a) already cut to open the doors & (b) it already has the chip in it that starts the engine.

Ta.

Advertisement