Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free xmas trees at Homebase

Options
  • 22-12-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I went up to Homebase next to IKEA at Ballymun an hour ago to get salt and a snow shovel but it was closed. Amazingly they had around ten crates of medium sized xmas trees with signs attached asking customers to take them free! They obviously reckon they couldnt sell them before xmas. They are outside store and there was no one elses there when i was there to take them so there still should be some there for a few hours. If ya live nearby and need a tree pop over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Wishes I lived near ballymun! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would take a lot more than a Free Christmas Tree to make me wish to live there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

you sure some chancer didn't just attach a sign saying "take me for free",to see how many people would actually steal a Christmas tree? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Damn, wish I'd held out.

Cordially,
    Scrooge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dyflin wrote: »
    Damn, wish I'd held out.

Cordially,
    Scrooge.

They will probably pay you to take them away on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Its legit. They do this every year but not usually till Xmas eve. About six pallets of tree's there at lunch time today and one or two folk happy out as they loaded them into there cars. If u need one and don't mind the drive, there's a good selection to choose from. Thanks for reminding me OP, happy christmas to all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bollix I just bought one y'day, could carry a tree that distance no bother :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I also saw free ones outside homebase in portlaoise today. We already had bought a tree but now we have two!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

there were plenty of free ones left this evening in Homebase in Rathfarnham,Dublin

Decorations for 5c and 20c. mostly ugly stuff but if your stuck or want to decorate the car..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

had some also today in Castlebar, with a notice that a tree could be taken if a donation was made to the charity box in the store, got a small tree for a 10 euro donation, They had more trees in the garden centre but you need to ask a staff member to get out there due to icy conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

there's few left in Arkeen Waterford for free ( they are the ones they're selling for e25 before) they have one as well for charity you'll give e10 for the tree with lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would take a lot more than a Free Christmas Tree to make me wish to live there!!!
    well i live a few miles away in one of posher parts of Northside! Will always travel for a bargain though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

posher parts of Northside!

<<<<
    >>>>

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Excellent bargain. I went there that day around 12pm and they were selling all the Xmas trees for €5 any size. They also had great bargains on baubles, 50 of them for €2. Really nice ones too. If we decide to get new Xmas decorations next year, definitely waiting til the 22nd/23rd to get them all from Homebase cos it's not worth spending an extra 80 or so euro to have it up a few days earlier.

Advertisement