Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LLM in International Commercial Law

• 25-07-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey all,

I've applied for the LLM in the above course in Griffith, and I am just hoping to get some feedback and experience from some of you studying Law at Griffith.

I studied History and Philosophy at UCD and have now decided to pursue a career in law.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭gavinhenson

If you are thinking of doing an LLM to 'boost' (relatively) average grades at undergraduate level or improve your employment prospects with corporate firms, I think you would be best served going abroad.

I was in your shoes, and contemplated the UCD LLM, but I ended up going to Cambridge and it was one of the best decisions I ever made, and I believe it really helped me land a job with a corporate firm.

You probably don't have the grades for top tier universities, I'm talking here about Oxford, Cambridge and the LSE in the UK, the American Ivy's and the likes of Sciences Po or St. Gallen in Continental. However, second tier European/US universities would be a far better addition to your CV and provide you with far better life experiences and adventure than a Trinity LLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SternRadio

zooireland wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've applied for the LLM in the above course in Griffith, and I am just hoping to get some feedback and experience from some of you studying Law at Griffith.

I studied History and Philosophy at UCD and have now decided to pursue a career in law.

Hi zooireland, I completed the LLM at Griffith Dublin and can highly recommend it. It was a challenging year but very enjoyable. The small discussion based lectures with good tutors was a big plus for me. The tutors, some obviously better than others, aimed to make each module interesting whilst promoting critical thinking beyond what is required for an LLB. The library is excellent in providing research support when writing the dissertation and I could not fault it or the library staff. The tutors, all very well qualified, were very approachable and helpful, which I hear is in contrast to other universities. I certainly feel I learnt a lot and developed a lot after putting in the effort over the three semesters.

I would certainly recommend the Griffith LLM and advise you to put in the time and effort to get the most out of it. It is not easy, but certainly worthwhile.

I hope this helps.

Advertisement