Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on Japanese Yen

Options
  • 06-09-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Japan at the end of next month and I'm planning on ordering some Yen this week.

I was just gonna order it from my local bank(BOI), I can do it online and collect it at the branch. Very straightforward, is there any alternative I should consider? Is this the best option for getting Yen?

I hear Japan is very much a cash based country, I'm going for 2 weeks and don't really want to carry a large amount of spending money with me while there, just wondering has anyone been to Japan recently that can advise on the ATM situation, should I bring a good chunk of cash or will I be OK getting by using my cards while there?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

I was in Japan a decade ago and recall ATMs being plentiful. A good plan is to bring two different cards of some sort, to provide redundancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

I was in Japan a decade ago and recall ATMs being plentiful. A good plan is to bring two different cards of some sort, to provide redundancy.

Good to hear, cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

The ATMs in the 7-Eleven's (which luckily are pretty must everywhere!!) always worked with my Irish card. Those stores are open 24/7 so really handy. A few other convenience stores did, and some others didn't (Family Mart didn't iirc) But you're never too far from a 7-Eleven!

Advertisement