Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love the Rose of Tralee- Smart and Gorgeous

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

A friend of mine wrote an absolutely scathing article on this a few years ago,likening it to the lovely girls contest from Father Ted.Then one of his best mates won it so he did an interview with her afterwards and basically apologised for everything he had said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I heard Mary Banotti on Newstalk 12 months ago really laying into and dissing the Rose of Tralee.

It really amazed me at the time.

I couldn't have imagined her dishing out the same bile against Cosmopolitan Magazine or Vogue or mainstream models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Meh...

I had a great time at tha after party one year lisa lashs played.... I dont remember much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

The Kiklenny rose was quite frankly amazing looking and a science teacher?? hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

maherro wrote: »
    The Kiklenny rose was quite frankly amazing looking and a science teacher?? hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

She was beautiful alright. She seemed like a genuinely nice girl too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

yeah and the fact she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders nade her seem much more attractive

Brendan O'Connor has treated us to his witt and wisdom on ROT in the Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/glamazon-roses-vulgar-display-of-sexism-1873306.html

Is it no wonder that Wikipedia refers to him as a former comedian and that the late Katy French called him a "gutter journalist".

Read that yesterday alright.Jesus he gave D'arcy some stick.

Didn't he just. He is just bitter that he didn't get the gig.

Brendan O'Connor hosting TROT?

Id buy that for a dollar.
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Exactly he would have Beverly Cooper Flynn as TROT and to quote him from the Sunday Indo and his Wiki Page
    O'Connor lamented the expulsion of Beverley Flynn, a TD, from the Fianna Fáil Party for the second time arising out of corruption charges, stating that she was "indeed a class act and is someone we need more of in Irish politics."[14] He also referred to her as a "principled woman".[14]

Then he would tell us that it was only what "the people at home were thinking" just like he did on "Youre a star".

Advertisement