Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shaving cut

Options
  • 09-05-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭

I'm after cutting my ear shaving and the damn thing won't stop bleeding. any tips to stop the blood flow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

tissue paper if you dont mid walking around with it for a while.

otherwise load some vaseline on to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

no vaseline. tissue paper it is.

gonna end up looking like the mummy for the OH when she pops over now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Shaving your ear....new one on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

i was trying a new technique.......doesn't work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Happened to me once, for some reason that area does not want to stop bleeding...It did stop eventually obviously, leaving a rather large scab. The amount of people who started commenting on it too...

Try not to wipe the blood off it for a while, that should help it clot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

In future buy some alum block or a styptic pencil, stops the blood almost immediately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'm after cutting my ear shaving and the damn thing won't stop bleeding. any tips to stop the blood flow?
    Ice.

Earlobes tend to bleed easily / a lot.
    Shaving your ear....new one on me!
    Sez the fellow who has managed to cut himself in the oddest places while shaving! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Here's one for ye! ;) Now, I havent tried this, but I've read of it, an effective way of stopping cuts from bleeding (and the source I read it from cut himself while shaving! :p) is to get some cobwebs, roll them into a little ball and put it on the cut! Weird eh, but ye never know! :D

This was the late 18th century by the way! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

...This was the late 18th century by the way! :p

And they're all dead now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement