Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Machinist

Options
  • 03-03-2005 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Just finished watching this. Twas a bit of a mindphuck tbh. First of all, Bale's weight is more shocking than I expected. He looks like a skeleton with some paper-thin skin draped over it. His performance, however, is rock solid - excellent, reaffirms my faith in his ability. Very dark movie, in some ways using a Tim Burton-esque colour pallete and a Hitchcock type musical score. Great movie, recommend it to anyone.

8.5/10 - good psychological thriller.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Coolio, I've been waiting for it since about October. Looks really good. It's out here in a few weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Heard nothing but good reviews for this movie. Can't wait to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly a film I'm interested in seeing, and I hope to see it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

its out on the 18th right ?
    been wanting to see it since it premiered at sundance last year(that and primer, among others)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

18th of march? I thought it was april it was being released in,it seems to be interesting and i love Bale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Its gota be one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, saying that it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

saw it last night, thought it was class,

I honestly cant understand how bail could have lost that much wait, its frightening, i couldnt tell if it was fake or not..

The film itself dark and bleak in almost every aspect..
    it doesnt hold back.

well worth the watch, even if (imho) the end was a bit predictable..
    one reference in perticular gave it away, the "noones ever died from insomnia" - fight club reference...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I'm really looking forward to this. I thought this guy's last film; 'Session 9' was very nice. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

...its frightening, i couldnt tell if it was fake or not..
    [/spoiler]

It's not fake. He actually wanted to lose more weight for the role, but the producers wouldn't let him. Dunno where he could have lost more weight from though!
    Great movie by the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Watched this while sick yesterday and quite enoyed it althouh I fell asleep a few times and because of this didnt exactly get the ending =/ Anyone wanna enlighten me ?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Really looking forward to seeing this on the big screen. His weight was very shocking alright. It really suited the role but it was quite scary. He's a great actor in my opinion. Bodes well for Batman Returns. Maybe he'll turn into a bat for it. :p (Sorry, I lack a certain thing called wit/humour/... :) )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

So whats the film actually about ive heard about all right frim friends but from this thread it sounds like a slim fast advert.

Advertisement