Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals & Voucher Codes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

25% off Asics runners in Lifestyle with their scrappage sheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Amazon.com (US) are currently selling the Garmin 405 with Heart Rate Monitor, for $159, shipped to a US address (that's €122). That's a pretty good price, if you happen to know anyone in the US, are heading over shortly, or have a US head-office where you can get goods shipped. The Heart Rate monitor strap on its own, usually sells for $35, which means that you're paying approximately $125 (€95) for the watch on its own. Not much use if you don't have any US-based contacts. You can also buy it for $150 (€115) without HRM, here.

The watch itself has a full complement of training features, however, it is let-down a little by the bezel, which can be very frustrating to use (particularly in wet weather).

Believe it or not, I have affiliation with Amazon or Garmin, I just got the e-mail in my inbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Amazon.com (US) are currently selling the Garmin 405 with Heart Rate Monitor, for $159, shipped to a US address (that's €122). That's a pretty good price, if you happen to know anyone in the US, are heading over shortly, or have a US head-office where you can get goods shipped. The Heart Rate monitor strap on its own, usually sells for $35, which means that you're paying approximately $125 (€95) for the watch on its own. Not much use if you don't have any US-based contacts. You can also buy it for $150 (€115) without HRM, here.

The watch itself has a full complement of training features, however, it is let-down a little by the bezel, which can be very frustrating to use (particularly in wet weather).

Believe it or not, I have affiliation with Amazon or Garmin, I just got the e-mail in my inbox!

Freudian slip… ;)
    Good deal. Perhaps Dory Dory could stock up and look after a bulk Boards delivery!

claralara wrote: »
    Freudian slip… ;)
    Good deal. Perhaps Dory Dory could stock up and look after a bulk Boards delivery!
    Haha. Classic!The truth always shines through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

20% off in sweat shop using this code until midnight on 11th April 2012;

RFTWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

startfitness.co.uk have a Weekend Deal of Up To 45% Off Mizuno & Asics Footwear!

Bit of a mish mash but some deals to be had on MandM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Amazon have 25% off stuff sold by themselves directly, rather than by a reseller. Use the code "easter25". I've just got a pair of Nimbus 13's for 83 euro, happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

racheljev wrote: »
    Amazon have 25% off stuff sold by themselves directly, rather than by a reseller. Use the code "easter25". I've just got a pair of Nimbus 13's for 83 euro, happy days :)

Hi,
    Can you post link for the Amazon offer,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

SharkTale wrote: »
    racheljev wrote: »

Hi,
    Can you post link for the Amazon offer,

Thanks
    This offer finished last Sunday AFIK.

• Advertisement

Blooming wrote: »
    This offer finished last Sunday AFIK.

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

Deal for a Garmin Forerunner 405, €149.95. This deal only lasts til midnight 5th May 2012!

Its a good website, i have bough things off it before with no hassles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

iamjenko wrote: »
    http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

Deal for a Garmin Forerunner 405, €149.95. This deal only lasts til midnight 5th May 2012!

Its a good website, i have bough things off it before with no hassles!

gona put this in the garmin thread also a small bit cheaper than http://www.handtec.co.uk/search.php?xSearch=garmin+405&submit=search+for+products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Brooks Green Silence for GBP29.99

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/BRO367/brooks-green-silence-racing-running-shoes/

Decent selection of sizes. Includes the original Black/Green colourway, plus a couple of more 'flamboyant' versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

20% off at sweatshop this weekend

Code TWBRM

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Sports direct have a free European shipping weekend again,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056519317&page=3

This bargain alerts thread has a link to carlsberg site for 10% extra off also, they have some excellent priced running stuff from main brands like Nike and Adidas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

20% off at sweatshop this weekend

Code TWBRM

Code this week or rather from June 1st to 5th is JUBFC.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Lidl have plain white and black cool max socks for €2.59 for 2 pairs, white and black, 6-8 and 9-11 sizing.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-30A8FFBC-8C8D422C/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_21666.htm

Can get 10 or 12 pairs for the price of a single pair of some branded cool max socks. Not double layered, but fit well with elasticated section across instep.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

50% off the new Kayano 18's just for this week in www.sweatshop.co.uk. Use the code KAYSP.

Also 50% off Addidas T-Shirts with ADSSP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    50% off the new Kayano 18's just for this week in www.sweatshop.co.uk. Use the code KAYSP.

Also 50% off Addidas T-Shirts with ADSSP.

Kayano's are my runners so this is brilliant, down from £133 to £66.50, thank u! Even with the conversion and delivery charge it's a massive saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Blooming wrote: »
    Kayano's are my runners so this is brilliant, down from £133 to £66.50, thank u! Even with the conversion and delivery charge it's a massive saving.

hi, just wondering -how much did it all work out at in euros? is the only colour black? thanks
    sound like a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bobtisdall

www.startfitness.co.uk quote athleticos11 at checkout for 10% discount. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Start Fitness
    Buy Now & Save From 50% To 89%
    Plus Extra 10% Off Using Code OLYMPIC10

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Category/Recovery

big sale on here for supplements for july

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Lifestyle are having a decent sale on some asics. DS Trainers are €80, about 40 quid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

There seems to be a good deal on Groupon.ie this morning for supplements. €16 for a €40 voucher to buy anything on the discountsupplements.ie website. I was looking at the 2:1:1 recovery (1.68kg) which under this deal you can get for €19 + €5 delivery instead of €48 standard price. I haven't bought this stuff before as I'm just starting to train for my first marathon but is this a decent price??:confused:

The real question is: do you need supplements to run a marathon?

When I ran my first marathon, I had plastic tubs of everything, from pre-workout energy drinks to post-workout recovery drinks, etc., but after a while, you come to terms with the fact that you don't really need them and they are just unnecessary expense. I don't imagine there's anything on the site that would be a good substitute for a healthy meal after a tough/long workout. The only argument I can see for these supplements is if you don't have ready access to a healthy meal immediately after your workout (for example if you have to travel some distance after your race/workout), in which case some form of milkshake/sandwich/fruit should provide the necessary carb/protein benefits. You also really only need recovery type products after sessions or long runs (18+ miles).

But if you want to do a price comparison for recovery drinks, Wiggle has a good range, and is usually competitively priced.

On the Garmin store on Amazon

• Advertisement

Good selection of end of season T&F spikes on Start some random sizes and an extra 10% for the UK BH weekend with BANK10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Ecoenergy wrote: »
    There seems to be a good deal on Groupon.ie this morning for supplements. €16 for a €40 voucher to buy anything on the discountsupplements.ie website. I was looking at the 2:1:1 recovery (1.68kg) which under this deal you can get for €19 + €5 delivery instead of €48 standard price. I haven't bought this stuff before as I'm just starting to train for my first marathon but is this a decent price??:confused:

Similar deal on Groupon today:

High 5 Energy and Hydration Pack (up to 60% off). http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Discount-Supplements/9728138?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_241&a=1676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Pegasus 29 for 80e on sportsshoes.com - free delivery to anywhere in europe is the deal clincher!! Just ordered a lovely yellow pair myself for the dark evenings!
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/nike-air-pegasus/

20% off the price of 'lightweight racing shoes' from Wheelworx/Runworx at the moment.
    Saucony Kinvara 3 are €88. Asics DS Racer - €84. Might be of interest to some. Not sure how long the offer lasts.

Some really cheap runners mostly brooks on amazon http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Couple of Innov8 shoes on special in AK Ballymount.

http://www.amphibianking.ie/index.php?cPath=42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry Hat Trick

Apparently Lifestyle Sports are launching a new website and offering a 30% discount off all web stock but only until Oct 17th. Log onto the site at www.lifestylesports.com and input the discount code LAUNCH30. If you have any feedback let them know at help@lifestylesports.com so that they can take your feedback on board prior to the official launch to the general public in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Got a pair of Asics Kayano's (18) for €115.50, discounted from €165... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Got a pair of Asics Kayano's (18) for €115.50, discounted from €165... :D

Me too, thanks for code!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

www.Wiggle.co.uk are having a sale. Managed to get a pair of Inov-8 Road-X 255s for €67.86 (I used the £5 voucher code you get for signing up to their newsletter to bring it down further). Delivery free! Can't believe how good a deal that is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Great deals on barringtonsports.com. Just got the Asics Gel Hyperspeed for £33.80. Delivery of £15 to Ireland (Too dear, I didn't use it) or free delivery to a UK mainland address if you know somebody there.

I've reduced my online spend in the preference of supporting the bricks and mortar guys around here, however I see from the posts above there are some boardies paying silly delivery charges from the UK - check this out.
    I'm sure you've seen the ads on TV for Parcel Motel, I haven't used it yet, but a guy from work uses it to to avail of the UK delivery charges and lower VAT rate.
    Parcel Motel is a whole new way to manage your online shopping deliveries. Each Parcel Motel contains 80 secure lockers of varying sizes. They are all located in convenient places such as petrol station forecourts with 24-hour access 7 days a week. To find out where your nearest one is click here.
    No more waiting around or missed delivery notices telling you to pick up your parcel during the exact same hours that you’re at work. And no more worrying about memos from your boss on the subject of receiving personal deliveries at work!
    Now you can have your parcels sent directly to your nearest Parcel Motel ready for collection, at a time that suits you.

Boards thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663

b.harte wrote: »

Hi ordered yesterday and you will receive a further discount on check out with the following code 276R8.

Works out at €53, great price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Forerunner 310xt + HRM, goes on Amazon.co.uk Black Friday sale today at 3:59pm. Here's the current link. Not sure if they use a different URL for the sale/reduced pricing, so best to hit the amazon.co.uk main-page, find the listing and go from there. I would guess that the reduction will be 20%-30%. A 30% reduction would make it decent value for money. A 50% discount would be a steal.

A 20% reduction would make it: ~€209
    A 30% reduction would make it: ~€182
    A 40% reduction would make it: ~€156
    A 50% reduction would make it: ~€130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's coming up at £209 if you wanted to buy it at the moment, so the discounts will be even greater?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's coming up at £209 if you wanted to buy it at the moment, so the discounts will be even greater?
    Yep. The discount should be on top of the current price (at 3:59pm). You may have to be fast though, so decide now, on what discount level you think would put it within your budget. Also VAT rates to Ireland are a little higher, so the actual basket price may go up by a few euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Krusty

What are the main differences between the 305 & 410? Have a 410 lined up as xmas present. Should I stick with it?

I'm not being lazy, I would check myself but most sites are blocked here in work, including Garmin site.

Thanks
    Bull

Advertisement