Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to measure accurately how far I've run?

Options
  • 06-02-2015 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi could anyone recommend something purely to know accurately how far I've gone? Have never had any success with a pedometer, either they were inaccurate or I struggled to use them. Can anyone offer any suggestions?. Speed would be a bonus but it's primarily about distance.

Thanks

Sarah :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Ive used Map My Run occasionally, seems to be quite accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Thanks, but no longer have a smartphone, kept on dropping them and breaking them :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I use the Run App on the iPod nano.....it's fairly resistant to being dropped, and nice and light compared to a smart phone when running.
    Not sure about the accuracy, but when compared against web based map runners, it's in and about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Are you looking for an App or to purchase something.

If you are spending money then the Garmin FR10 is a nice bit of kit that is relatively cheap, it will accurately map your runs, show distance, speed, pace etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

strava is a great app. shows ur route, distance ran an breakdown. give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

meant add get the velcro straps to hold your phone in. quite good also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If you are spending money then the Garmin FR10 is a nice bit of kit that is relatively cheap, it will accurately map your runs, show distance, speed, pace etc.

+1 to this, bought one a couple of months ago. Opted for the package with the HR monitor and didn't think I'd use it but finding that a big help with quality training now too.

You'll pick one up for €99 (without HRM) here;
    http://www.fitnessdigital.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ooter

J o e wrote: »
    +1 to this, bought one a couple of months ago. Opted for the package with the HR monitor and didn't think I'd use it but finding that a big help with quality training now too.

You'll pick one up for €99 (without HRM) here;
    http://www.fitnessdigital.ie/

Forerunner 10 has no HRM capability.
    Excellent for tracking distance and pace,I have one and it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Oops my mistake... it's the Forerunner 15 I have! Not much extra and it's compatible with HRM and you can get good bundle with one included.

Advertisement