Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Appealing Luas fine

• 03-01-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi has anyone successfully appealed a LUAS fine. I was fined this morning this is what happened.

I am a monthly tax saver customer and before I left for xmas hols there was a mixup and the tickets did not arrive in time. I forgot clean about it and was going back to work for the first time today when i was caught short. I have since picked up my ticket.

Is it work going through the appeals process and explaining the situation (has anyone had successful appeals) or should I just pay the fine and put it down to experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

It could be worth calling RPA / Veolia about it. I'm not sure about the legalities but if your ticket was paid for it would be on record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

I think monthly customers are OK as you they have the ID card to support the ticket purchase.

I appealed a weekly ticket fine last month, I always carry a weekly ticket in my wallet but one day on a busy tram I couldn't find it, found ticket straight after the fine was issued and inspector told me to appeal and they would cancel the fine. But it was refused without explanation, so contacted Veolia to ask why it was refused even though I had proved I had a valid ticket and provided necessary details. I was told that they only pass appeals from monthly ticket holders with ID. So I tried to send them my Credit Card statements as proof of purchase but unfortunately the day in question was the one time I paid cash in 6 months. Think I'll pay the fine, the calls and letters are too much hassle. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If you can prove that you had already bought the ticket before your journey then you should appeal.

There should be some discretion allowed for genuine cases like this particularly as it involves the overly complex taxsaver scheme and was not the fault of the person fined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

I appealed successfully very recently - i do have the annual pass but forgot my wallet that morning - started getting embarrassing when he was asking me for i.d., but of course this was all in my wallet also!

Anyway, simple letter with an explanation and it was all sorted.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you should write, not phone. Ask for a copy of the appeals procedure / rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I tried appealing for what I thought was a valid reason and was refused. Very annoying, especially as I always pay my fare and this one time was an honest mistake.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54879381#post54879381

Haven't paid the fine, and refuse to. I just hope there are no repercussions down the line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

^^^^
    you have no excuse and no justification for not paying your fine. "but sure garda this is the first time i've ever had 10 pints and driven afterwards"! you didn't pay the fare, you got caught so pay the fine, if you're not capable of operating the smartcard don't use it.

Advertisement