Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valeo Vision Systems

• 08-05-2012 1:31pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know much about Valeo Vision Systems in Galway?

They've had a pile of jobs that have been recurring on jobs.ie for what seems like at least a year now, it could well be longer. All advertised by the company themselves so it's safe to assume they are real jobs.

I did apply for a job with them a few years back. It was speculative really as I didn't have the experience and I knew it when I was applying.

If you look at the link below at the bottom there is all the jobs available with the company.
    http://jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1143010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about Valeo Vision Systems in Galway?

They've had a pile of jobs that have been recurring on jobs.ie for what seems like at least a year now, it could well be longer. All advertised by the company themselves so it's safe to assume they are real jobs.

I did apply for a job with them a few years back. It was speculative really as I didn't have the experience and I knew it when I was applying.

If you look at the link below at the bottom there is all the jobs available with the company.
    http://jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1143010

I worked with someone a few years ago that works there now, according to him you need a masters, PhD or Catia experience. They have advertised that job for about 2-3 years now. Its about three years since I applied for that job and was told either Catia experience or experience in the automotive industry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah that's what I thought and those ads do seem to around for a very long time. What I do find strange is the volume of people they're looking for. They've 19 other jobs posted and from memory you never see just one ad from them but a large block of ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

A good few of my friends work out there and say it's a nice place to work, only downside being that it's out in Tuam! They do a lot of interesting research out there aswell based around automotive cameras and work closely with the university in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I know many folks that work there and a few of the management team.

It is a good spot to work, some cutting-edge development for some blue0chip customers. They are struggling to hire some of the top end jobs because they will not compromise on the quality of the candidates and many of the top end candidates don't fancy working in a small town.

They have a significant R&D group in Tuam along with the manufacturing side of the business. Overall, you could do a lot worse than Valeo.

If you have specific questions PM me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Thanks everyone, I was thinking along the same lines myself to be honest.

I won't be applying as while I'm more experienced now than 4 years ago I'm still not in the area they are looking for.

It is funny though to see a company continually advertising the same positions for such a long time.

Cameron in Longford seem to be having the same problem. Not on the same scale but they have been advertising for a couple of engineers with the same job description on and off for about a year now.

• Advertisement

They posted 20 jobs on jobs.ie on Monday.

:confused:

Is there no one in the country that can do one of these positions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

They do typically look for automotive experience, but there are lots that can do these jobs, the problem is the location. They find it hard to get people to go to tuam.

They have recruited quite a few engineers from the philippines. Apparently they were hiring one guy, rang his boss to check his reference, got chatting and ended up hiring him too.

Is Tuam not commutable from Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Is Tuam not commutable from Galway?

That depends on how long you are willing to spend travelling to and from work every day. The road is very busy and really could do with an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Cameron in Longford seem to be having the same problem. Not on the same scale but they have been advertising for a couple of engineers with the same job description on and off for about a year now.

It's not for the same job though, they have had a few engineers move jobs or leave in the last year.

Cameron tend to hire mostly graduates and the average age of an engineer there is probably under 30. Allot of people tend to work there for a few years and move on, which explains (some of the reasons) for the high turnover.

Its a very good place to learn, but expect to be worked like a dog for very little thanks and average pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Advertisement