Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video iPod

Options
  • 25-12-2005 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

hey, does anyone know how to put videos onto the ipod that are already on the computer? or do they have to be the ones downloaded from itunes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

thanks that was good but i need something to convert my real media videos to .mov and mp4. any help?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

BrightEyes wrote:
    thanks that was good but i need something to convert my real media videos to .mov and mp4. any help?

I used to have one of these thingies. Google it or go to www.download.com and that should sort u out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

BrightEyes wrote:

Try Videora Got an ipod video myself today and it worked.

does videora only work on pc? i downloaded it but it seems to only work on pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Yes, this tool only works on PCs.

What you need is this:

ffMpegX
    http://www.softonic.de/ie/23466/ffmpegX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Its an .EXE file, ofcourse only works on PC. Any idias where we can get a SIT/DMG version??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

BrightEyes wrote:
    does videora only work on pc? i downloaded it but it seems to only work on pc

Ooops my bad. Sorry didnt realise this was the Mac forum. :o

Have a look Here .Have a browse around there anyway. A great resource for general ipod things/links.

HomunQlus wrote:
    Yes, this tool only works on PCs.

What you need is this:

ffMpegX
    http://www.softonic.de/ie/23466/ffmpegX

that seems to be what i need, the only problem is, is it possible to use the version that converts to ipod movies without 10.3 or 10.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

or u can use Quicktime Pro. bout it for 30euro i think, well worth the investment. the whole process is just one click away and takes no time at all. Highly recommend it

• Advertisement

my fúckin piece of shiitake of an ipod just froze up as i was changing songs. i thought it would take a bit longer than 1 week before i had any probems with it so now i gotta go and take my anger out on some store clerk and DEMAND it to be fixed ASAP or i will become the hulk and smash up the shop :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Don't panic this can happen and it's simple to resolve, you need to reset the iPod:

To reset an iPod with a Click Wheel, including:

iPod mini
    iPod mini (Second Generation)
    iPod with color display (iPod photo)
    iPod (Click Wheel)
    iPod nano
    Fifth Generation iPod (also known as iPod with video)

1) Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2) Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.
    To reset iPod, iPod (scroll wheel), iPod (touch wheel), and iPod (dock connector)

1) Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2) Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

If you are still unable to reset your iPod, use only one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Menu button.

When you reset iPod all your music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Date and time is preserved (unless the iPod reset itself because it had no power and then was reconnected to power). Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.

To reset iPod shuffle:

1) Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).
    2) Move the switch on the back of iPod shuffle to the off position.

Tip: When iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.

3) Wait 5 seconds.
    4) Move the switch on the back to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position.

The iPod shuffle is now reset. If after resetting iPod shuffle you are going to attach it to your computer, be sure place the switch in the off position. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now.

ZEN

its alright now, the battery went dead so it turned itself off and i just plugged in the recharger then and it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

BrightEyes wrote:
    my fúckin piece of shiitake of an ipod just froze up as i was changing songs. i thought it would take a bit longer than 1 week before i had any probems with it so now i gotta go and take my anger out on some store clerk and DEMAND it to be fixed ASAP or i will become the hulk and smash up the shop :mad:

Not a very patient person are you....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i have quicktime 7.0 i think thats quicktime pro? wheres this thing on it that converts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Quicktime 7.0 doesn't become the pro version until you enter the serial - Quicktime Player > Registration.

Just go to the apple site and buy the key online - 30 quid well worth it.

Then just do file export and choose the format for the video iPod, I think it's called iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'll hopefully be picking one of these up tomorrow.. just wondering what the best way of protecting it is?
    i was looking at the iSkin evo3.. do any stores around stock them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

Try Leather cases by belkin, they seem better than iskins, same price. I saw them in 3g and o2 stores

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Why not use Isquint? works well converting most files, find it here http://www.isquint.org , simple just click and drag program....

If you want to copy your dvd's (commercial or otherwise) then use MacTheRipper, which will convert it to VOB files, then use Handbrake and use this guide http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/....then you can take your movies with you on your ipod in the correct format....

Hope this helps for Mac users....

Easy Rider wrote:
    Why not use Isquint? works well converting most files, find it here http://www.isquint.org , simple just click and drag program....

If you want to copy your dvd's (commercial or otherwise) then use MacTheRipper, which will convert it to VOB files, then use Handbrake and use this guide http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/....then you can take your movies with you on your ipod in the correct format....

Hope this helps for Mac users....

Quick update there is now a version of Handbrake made easy for the ipod video to convert your VOB (Ripped by MacTheRipper DVD) to ipod video files, find it here http://www.isquint.org/handbrakelite/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

no point starting a new thread, but i thought i'd share this new program i came across for taking music off your ipods.. dunno how long it's been available or how many of ye already knnow about it but iPodDisk is its name and it's extremely easy to use. great little program..

Think this is slightly better interface...http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/ but do the same thing...

Advertisement