Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency treatment

Options
  • 20-11-2014 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some guidance here, I have a knee injury and am scheduled to have surgery in January, I have health insurance however my knee has gotten worse since and due to potential nerve damage I've been advised to get to a&e if certain symptoms occur.

These have occurred and I'm I'm desperate need of getting to a&e, I'm just wondering will my health insurance cover emergency surgery in a public hospital ?

What's the process? The consultant I've seen is away and has advised me from the outset about irreversible damage but I'm worried about costs, if i need surgery (before my scheduled date at a private hospital), will I be fully charged in a public one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Your best bet is to ring your Health Insurance who can tell you exactly what you are covered for. Rgds,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

How long is your consultant away for ? if its only a matter of days, if it were me, I'd be inclined to hang on and let his secretary know that you urgently need to speak to him. Does the Private hospital that you are attending have their own a&e eg Hermitage/Beacon/Galway clinic etc ?

Advertisement