Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doctor refused to treat her depressed patient.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SoSheSaid

Graces7 wrote: »
    No if you mean me here , am way down in Kerry and have been refused by drs now. I have no faith in them to start with ..I have M.E and few even believe it exists. I hope this lady fares better.

Ah I'm sorry, I really am. It's soul destroying trying to find help when you're in constant pain, and even worse when its invalidated. For what it's worth, a friend of mine has M.E. and I know it exists, I know how difficult it is to just get up every day - if you can get up at all, and I personally know how tough it is to deal with an 'invisible' illness. All you can do is your best, I won't tell you not to give up because I know you've probably tried not to give up a million times over and struggled through it for even longer than that. So if you're tired of trying to find help, I get it. But what I will say is that you don't have to give up forever. Take some time, even if its months, and maybe in time you'll find the will to try again. And maybe by then there will be someone willing to help.

In the meantime, have you tried reaching out to others with the same illness? That's one thing that's really helped me. I do it via online communities/support but there are lots of ways. I found a thread on here which might help you, just search for 'ME support Ireland' ,it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SoSheSaid wrote: »
    Ah I'm sorry, I really am. It's soul destroying trying to find help when you're in constant pain, and even worse when its invalidated. For what it's worth, a friend of mine has M.E. and I know it exists, I know how difficult it is to just get up every day - if you can get up at all, and I personally know how tough it is to deal with an 'invisible' illness. All you can do is your best, I won't tell you not to give up because I know you've probably tried not to give up a million times over and struggled through it for even longer than that. So if you're tired of trying to find help, I get it. But what I will say is that you don't have to give up forever. Take some time, even if its months, and maybe in time you'll find the will to try again. And maybe by then there will be someone willing to help.

In the meantime, have you tried reaching out to others with the same illness? That's one thing that's really helped me. I do it via online communities/support but there are lots of ways. I found a thread on here which might help you, just search for 'ME support Ireland' ,it won't let me post the link as I'm a new user.

Thanks for this kindness.. I have after three decade in the UK wrongly diagnosed and treated like dirt by drs totally come to terms with the M.E and in fact lead, left to my own resources, which I make sure I am ! lead a full and above all giving life.. I spend most of each day abed , getting up to feed and see to my critters, do a little housework etc, and always knitting etc for my market stall to feed the babies and homeless my family care for overseas. Any outing mean three days; a rest day before and a rest day afterwards but that is fine by me.
    What has not been fine as the drs here have no idea of M.E is when they demand I attend surgery " for review. ! ie travel maybe 40 miles to be patted on the head etc. It is either that OR do my markets and I know which matters more..

Also in M.E the immune system is down so a surgery is not the place to be.

I have tried forums etrc BUT I get in trouble as I am very aware through experience of how quickly the body becomes deconditioned. and many sufferers are in total denial about this.. Lungs and blood pressure function are vital and if you stay abed etc too long the symptoms of deconditioning are like the M.E. I make sure I do not let this happen.. but that idea can be very unpopular.. also understandably many with M.E get depressed and I am not and that can clash too! I once got thrown off a forum for saying I had done a little digging as that proved I do not have M.E :rolleyes:

Being with non M.E folk is much healthier and I know this illness inside out now. So I am staying perforce on a drs list as I have to to keep my medical card BUT will not be attending his surgery! Am applying for the one item I need but have contingency plans if he refuses to prescribe. The less meds I take the better

Anything serious like the fall when I broke my wrist is a n A and E job! And my family have my Power of Attorney. nb one dr that time asked me if I knew what M.E stands for!

The situation has dragged me down and I will not allow that any more..Always hated bullies! I have five Christmas craft fairs booked and intend to enjoy them... for those who have nothing unless it is given.

Then I can rest and sleep and eat and get ready for NEXT season...

I am happy and very fulfilled and feel very blessed to have reached 70 plus....

Well, one hurdle over.. I wrote in to the dr I "think" I am now allocated to for a repeat prescription with an SAE and it came very quickly.

Am really unwell and with a heavy cold in addition now and the weather is not fit to be out in so am thankful I can shelve these issues for a while.

It reminds me of something one official said to me many years ago over a problem with a agovt dept.... When I said nothing was being done, he looked meaningfully at me and aid, " But you dont know what is going in in the background.." Never forgotten that and it is a very comforting thought.

How is your friend getting on Davey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Graces7 wrote: »
    Well, one hurdle over.. I wrote in to the dr I "think" I am now allocated to for a repeat prescription with an SAE and it came very quickly.

Am really unwell and with a heavy cold in addition now and the weather is not fit to be out in so am thankful I can shelve these issues for a while.

It reminds me of something one official said to me many years ago over a problem with a agovt dept.... When I said nothing was being done, he looked meaningfully at me and aid, " But you dont know what is going in in the background.." Never forgotten that and it is a very comforting thought.

How is your friend getting on Davey?
    Not great to be honest. She has recieved a letter from the doctor refusing to treat her (as she is no longer in the catchment area) and it touches on the complaint she made but does not actually mention it or give an explanation.
    Basically find yourself another doctor and we don't have to explain ourselves to you.
    The medical Mafia don't have to answer to anybody it seems and there seems to be nowhere to make a complaint it's her word against the practice manager. The letter also touched on the fact that my friend may have misunderstood the practice manager as she has "chronic depression" and it was merely her perspective on the events but there will be no apology no explaination nothing.
    Seems the weak just get walked on in this country.

Big Davey wrote: »
    Not great to be honest. She has recieved a letter from the doctor refusing to treat her (as she is no longer in the catchment area) and it touches on the complaint she made but does not actually mention it or give an explanation.
    Basically find yourself another doctor and we don't have to explain ourselves to you.
    The medical Mafia don't have to answer to anybody it seems and there seems to be nowhere to make a complaint it's her word against the practice manager. The letter also touched on the fact that my friend may have misunderstood the practice manager as she has "chronic depression" and it was merely her perspective on the events but there will be no apology no explaination nothing.

Steam coming out of my ears... Davey go to the HSE website and they speak re complaints. I think it is something like YOURSAY. Tell them the situation and they will forward it to the Primary Health Care executive; I have a senior exec on email and he can make noise effectively. The drs etc will sadly lie... I had one practice aver I had filled in emergency treatment forms not registration forms.. I am MENSA IQ and not senile..Here I applied to the current medical card dr for a repeat scrip and it came by post immediately! I did tell what he had said to an influential neighbour....lol

Big Davey wrote: »

PS if they admit wrong they lay themselves open to lawsuits.. normal rules of courtesy do not apply...

All makes me realise too how rattled they were that I actually did get an apology from one dr! Even though it cost me the GP he worked with!

Advertisement