Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting Times and prognosis for lithotripsy?

• 12-11-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    After a long period of suffering through multiple infections and mysterious pain..I have been diagnosed with a kidney stone,something known as a 'duplex system' (I believe it means I have two ureters or something similar) and an elongated kidney all on my right side (a 'congenital variant' is what it says on the report).

My doctor is referring me to Tallaght for a lithotripsy to try to break up the stone. I was just wondering if anyone here has been given the same type of diagnosis and how they fared with lithotripsy? I've been reading mixed reports online about it.

I'd also like to know if anyone got theirs treated in Tallaght, how long was the waiting period for an appointment? The pain and discomfort has me living like a miserable hermit. I know I can't pass it on my own judging by the fact it took them three months to diagnose it; if it hasn't moved in that time I doubt it will any time soon!

Any information/personal stories you guys have with this issue would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There are a couple of variables when it comes it kidney stones, i.e. size and shape. It often takes a number of sessions to fully cure the problem but how many depends on the size of the stone and if it hasn't broken up sufficiently.
    Its uncomfortable and you will feel quite sore for a few hours afterwards but as long as you are willing to be persistent, it will work.
    Anyone I know had it done was a private patient so got seen rather quickly, no idea about the public system.

Advertisement