Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Intel Inside" sticker..

Options
  • 10-01-2006 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

This occoured..ocourred...okkurred.. thought came to me there a while back, but I'll air it here in case anyone will know the truth of the matter...

Will the new Intel Macs be shipped wth those terrible "Intel Inside" stickers on them?

The idea of an iMac or Powerbook with those things stuck to them sounds terrible to me. All todays macs have a lovely finish to them, and those stickers would really take from it. Anyone know for certain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

They changed it recently to "leap ahead" and i would think you could peal those stickers off. Have a look at the future

http://www.intel.com/viiv/movies.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

It depends on the deal they have with intel. The bigger companies such as dell HP etc get discounts, perks and allowances for the the "intel inside" goop you would see before.

This includes the soundbite on the radio ad's and the silly video at the end of almost every Dell ad on TV.

So its possible that if intel cross Apple's palm with silver it may happen. I hope it doesnt, but that also means either more expensive machines or lower margin for Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If it came to that, just use the Apple logo sticker that comes with the Mac :D
    I have mine adorning my bass right now

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My Apple logo sticker is currently adorning the top of my Xbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I have the top case of a TiBook on my door, looks funky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I think there's an answer, I haven't seen one of those stickers on any of the Macbook's (That is a TERRIBLE name) pictures yet. Might just get away with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Apparently, they will not be using all the intel branding.

Advertisement