Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems running GTA5

Options
  • 17-04-2015 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Here are my specs:

intel core i5 4690k haswell @ 3.50ghz

8 gb ddr 3

XFX R9 270x with latest drivers installed

Running windows 7 64bit.

Do i not meet the specs or is it a bug?

Game runs perfect sometimes but then it chockes don't know why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Here are my specs:

8 gb ddr 3

Running windows 7 64bit.

Could be your Hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

Here are my specs:

8 gb ddr 3

Running windows 7 64bit.

Same thing happens to me with my Gigabyte R9 270X when I turn the textures to high. Keeping it at normal stops it happening for me. Keep lowering your settings until the stuttering stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I have an R9 280 and it crashes to desktop every couple of hours. Haven't tried overclocking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Make sure all settings under Advanced graphics are set to off as they are major resource hogs. What are your temps like while running the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I posted this in the pc building forum so i'll copy it to here too
    Its something up with the game op,needs a patch. I also had terrible stuttering and thought I had it fixed but that was short lived, but when I tried the following it worked.

I upped my virtual memory pagefile to 15000 mb and I know this sounds crazy but I read online from users with similar problems that when you go to in game settings\ advanced settings and switched the 3 options to on, for me, it helped massively. I left the extended distance slider at 0 but just switched on the long shadows, high res shadows and high detail streaming. I thought this would choke my game but gave it a shot anyway. Now it seems a lot smoother, still not perfect but big improvement. I'm not sure if it was the virtual memory change or the advanced settings that did the trick so just try both.

BTW I'm playing on an I5 3570k @4.2GHz, 8GB ram and a R9 290 @1100MHz core / 1400Mhz memory on samsung 250GB SSD

I've also set the gtav.exe and gtavlauncher.exe files to run as administrator, and in the normal settings I have texture & shader quality to very high and all other settings to just high(Setting shadow quality to very high instantly brings back the stutter for me),DX11, fxaa ON, msaa and reflection msaa OFF, Pop density, Pop variety & distance scaling sliders all max, soft shadows to AMD CHS. I'm running on 1440p and it runs constantly at 60fps almost no stutter, but I find that the longer the game runs at the more likely a bit of stutter or texture flashes will appear, so I usually restart the game every hour or two. I hope this helps someone, mine finally runs like a dream:)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Can I get this to run on my old Windows ME desktop?
    I could dust it off, I think it'll switch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last 2 days have had drops in FPS from 60 to 50ish, seems odd considering it was perfect since install at launch.

Running on Ultra in 1080

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Can I get this to run on my old Windows ME desktop?
    I could dust it off, I think it'll switch on.

Be worth it for the 60fps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Could someone do me a huge favour and upload their GTAV.exe GTAVLauncer.exe and PlayGTAV.exe from the latest patch.

My game has stopped working and crashes every time a try to continue story mode. I'm pretty sure Social Club keeps failing to update the exes, so I just need to try ones that have already been patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

xtal191 wrote: »
    Could someone do me a huge favour and upload their GTAV.exe GTAVLauncer.exe and PlayGTAV.exe from the latest patch.

My game has stopped working and crashes every time a try to continue story mode. I'm pretty sure Social Club keeps failing to update the exes, so I just need to try ones that have already been patched.

Delete yours and re-download the setup executable and then run it from uninstall a program in control panel and click repair and it will download the three executables that are missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Probably not the same problem but I came across an issue where if you aim while on a vehicle the game would crash.
    Surprisingly, it was linked to turning the landing page off. Bizarre but completely reproduceable for me.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611703999983132610/

EDIT: it seems to happen mostly at on the jewelery heist mission.

Advertisement