Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC Video editor

Options
  • 11-04-2015 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Anyone out there any plans on making machinima with the Video editor and director modes?
    I don't mean just doing nice edits of the crazy stuff you get up to but more like scripted shorts. I've never done it but plan to give it a go.
    I reckon YouTube will be awash with GTA videos soon.

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-director-mode/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Have full intentions to make scripted videos with the editor and have been mulling ideas for months, will be one of the first things I check out with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Official vid from Rockstar about it:
    Presenting the Rockstar Editor – a special feature in Grand Theft Auto V for PC that allows players to record, edit, and share videos created from footage in both Story Mode and GTA Online.
    Watch today’s video “An Introduction to the Rockstar Editor” for an overview of just some of the features of this powerful video creation tool including special camera modes, filters, depth of field and audio customization options - as well as the unique Director Mode feature that allows you to stage creative moviemaking sequences from a cast of characters ranging from familiar faces from Story Mode, to pedestrians and even animals. You’ll be able to upload your finished masterpiece to YouTube and to the Rockstar Games Social Club to share with friends.
    The Rockstar Editor will be available for use in GTAV PC when the game is released tomorrow April 14th. For much more information and to start brushing up on all of the Rockstar Editor’s features, controls and settings, you can also check out the full Rockstar Editor Online Guide at the Social Club website.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's actually really cool. I wonder how far back you can rewind the game, and how much of a performance impact recording will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Thanks for the link for the video, I hadn't seen that yet.
    The editor could have been sold as a stand alone product for machinima.
    If it's half as good as I reckon it's going to be I think i'll just have to quit my job.

Kiith wrote: »
    That's actually really cool. I wonder how far back you can rewind the game, and how much of a performance impact recording will be.

Off the Rockstar social club link.

You can define the amount of hard drive space the Rockstar Editor can use to store clips in Pause Menu > Settings > Rockstar Editor
    The length of an Action Replay clip stored is dependent on the amount of activity that has taken place during recording. In busy segments this tends to average 30 seconds, in less eventful segments this will be closer to 1 minute 30 seconds.
    Clips are named automatically upon saving, in the format ‘Month DD YYYY Clip XXXX’ (e.g., ‘Jan 13 2015 Clip 0001’).
    You’ll be notified if you are running out of space to store clips. You can visit Pause Menu > Rockstar Editor > Clip Management to delete unwanted clips and free up more space.

As for performance impact i'm not sure but I hope you can record to a different hard-drive than the game is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is pretty cool. First video made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

It's good alright but I'd say they had to rush it.
    Those guys make some good videos so I'll be expecting better ones off them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Smacks of "1st" tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just noticed you can check out PC editor creations on the social club

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/editor/mostrecent

Advertisement