Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Heists - Now Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I cant seem to find it on this thread so I dont know if it was posted here or somewhere else but I had read something about if the Leader decides to keep 100% of the cash from the Heist there is a special a$$hole shirt for doing that.
    So I was thinking, if they did this, would there still be the option in the interactive menu to share the money with others?
    Because if it was then surely the Leader can do that just to get the "rare" shirt and then share the loot of the heist.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I doubt it, I'd say R* will want to keep that t-shirt rare but you should try convince your crew to let you try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just completed the first heist, that escape tho! :D Absolutely loving this, the structure to it is great I must say! Pretty sad theres only 5 tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Good payout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Just completed the first heist, that escape tho! :D Absolutely loving this, the structure to it is great I must say! Pretty sad theres only 5 tho :(

So what are the initial impressions of the heists, any bugs and cheeses involved. Are they tough and how long did it take?
    As a general question is there a timeline for the heists or can yuo just do any of them?

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    So what are the initial impressions of the heists, any bugs and cheeses involved. Are they tough and how long did it take?
    As a general question is there a timeline for the heists or can yuo just do any of them?
    Well the First one is an introductory one, lester covers costs etc. I have a feeling its not as long as the other ones, only 2 setup missions. Well I hope theres more in the other ones seeing as theres only 5 heists in total :P

Havent noticed any bugs yet, but ive only done the first one. First one took about half an hour-45 minutes including setup missions. For the missions, you dont have to buy the masks/outfits yourself to use in the actual heists, thats what the setup costs covers. So Lester provides masks and outfits, but the Heist Leader can select what theme of clothing everyone has. In the lobby setting, you can change it so the HL picks everyones clothing/mask, instead of giving them the option which is pretty cool if you want matching clothes and youre playing with randomers.

A guy posted online that for the tutorial heist, they both got a million each. He said he used Free Aim, etc. Well worth using free aim, 1st person, hard mode if the payouts are like this!

Damo, how much was your take after the heist?

Because the HL has to pay the costs, by default they get a higher cut then the others. So for the 1st one the split was 60/40 , I got 69,000 but for a Bonus (cant remember what it was) i got another 100,000 . My mate was driving, one of the heist challenges was get less than 6% car damage and he got 7% :( So that was probably another 100,00 , and another challenge was do it in less than 5 minutes, we got 7.5 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

sheehy83 wrote: »
    A guy posted online that for the tutorial heist, they both got a million each. He said he used Free Aim, etc. Well worth using free aim, 1st person, hard mode if the payouts are like this!

Damo, how much was your take after the heist?

Can you set it to use Free Aim at any time (like in free roam) or is that just a lobby setting?

The challenges sound class.

• Advertisement

Its a lobby setting, like locking the camera mode to first person etc. The challenges are definitely good, althought id prefer if you could see the challenge before the heist rather then just seeing did u complete the challenge at the end :(

Benzino wrote: »
    Can you set it to use Free Aim at any time (like in free roam) or is that just a lobby setting?

I'd say it's a lobby setting like difficulty, first person, etc. in regular mission lobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Well the First one is an introductory one, lester covers costs etc. I have a feeling its not as long as the other ones, only 2 setup missions. Well I hope theres more in the other ones seeing as theres only 5 heists in total :P

Can you replay the first one right away or do you have to complete all 5 first? Will Leseter cover the costs on a replay of the first i wonder? (EG lots of folk might use that to get money up for other heists)

hopefully there'll be plenty more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jesus just seen some new heist vehicles on reddit......drooooooool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone online now for some heisting

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Connection issues beginning to creep in. Jobs failing to download, missions collapsing mid way through cos a player got kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

TacoMan wrote: »
    Connection issues beginning to creep in. Jobs failing to download, missions collapsing mid way through cos a player got kicked.

Unreal lad... Seeing clouds here..;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Managed to get into your session a couple minutes ago then got kicked to some unknown network issue. I know the issue. IT'S YOUR CRAP SERVERS ROCKSTAR! !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Americans and Canadians on the west coast are starting to rise from their slumber!

The servers are probably gonna be a crap-fest for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Finally have the update downloading on my 360. Was a bit messy to get it to download. Gonna give it a look soon and see if it's done yet.

• Advertisement

Keep getting that files required could not be downloaded from Rockstar. Update and everything is installed, just can't get into the game.

Starting a crew only session. Got kicked again from the heist lobby:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sounds like its going to be a fun evening of not playing GTA

Yeah, a lot of the same reports on gta forums. Looks like the US West Coast after wrecking the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dont think anyone is really that surprised tho are we? it was bound to happen, was looking at my friends list last night and there were loads of guys who hadnt played gta in ages all hopping on to knock off the rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of the same reports on gta forums. Looks like the US West Coast after wrecking the servers.

Its that NIGHT_HAWKE817 fella. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

This has been the longest work day EVER.
    Another 30 minutes to go and I get to go home!
    I dont think I am going to even bother with Heists until the weekend, have 2 garages full of Dubsta's that I want to sell and from what I have read on one of the other forums, seems like their sell prices have gone up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

Yes that was me, sorry about that fellas, we had a good run though didnt we! i must admit i was enjoying it too as they are quite challenging

We did predict these severs weren't going to last long though so im not really surprised

Id say in future we best stay in private hosted rooms as i could see it struggling with 30 player servers, i was getting white and blank screens and cluttered graphics

Apart from that i will admit i did enjoy what i've seen so far

Quick heads up with no spoilers.. the first mission, use the d-pad instead of the analogue stick to hack the terminal ;)

Enjoy fellas :)

I'm quitting for a while before I put my controller through the screen. Will try again in a bit.

• Advertisement

It's really annoying I haven't even got into the game yet. Only home an hour ago and still can't get in. Get the download error and then the rockstar error message. Very annoying.

Advertisement