Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Heists - Now Live

Options
  • 04-03-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭

Since Heists are 100% coming out on the 10th March, here is a thread to organise crews and chat about the Heists.

Since only 4 people can form a crew to start a heist, the GTA Online thread might get a bit messy with people looking to 'crew up'.

How Heists Work:

When you are rank 12 or higher and own a high end apartment with Heist Room, Lester will give you a call to say you can set one up.

Once you accept you want to start a heist from that call, you get put into a lobby where you can invite friends, crew, randomers into the lobby with you.

The 1st heist is a tutorial for just 2 people. Then you unlock the heists in order as they have an intertwining story. Once you have all 5 heists completed, you can choose to play through anyone you like.

Heist Leader (HL) funds the heist (eg. 3rd heist costs 60k to start).

Each heist contains about 5 'Setup Jobs' where your team has to perform missions like Buy key codes, Secure vehicles, etc. The HL gets no money after any of these missions but they do get RP. The other team members get about 20k after each setup mission.

For the final mission in the Heist aka the actual heist, the HL can change the cut percentage. eg. if someone was playing crap or acting the fool, the HL can change their cut all the way down to 0% :O. They can also move their own cut up as far as 55% if they think they are super awesome.

During the heist, if you have to stop playing for whatever reason, Only the HL's progress is saved. They can then jump back on at anytime and continue the heist where left off but need to invite same/different people into the point they left off at. Other team members progress will not be saved.

You can get bonuses like playing through a full heist in First Person, hard mode, etc. Playing through all 5 heists (about 8-10 hours long) on Hard Mode with no extra lives using the same 4 crew members gets you 10 million dollars as a bonus!

That's what we know so far...

Feel free to post here if you plan on hosting a heist and looking for 3 more crew members or if you are just looking to join a crew with maybe a preferred position (driver, shooter, pilot, etc)

Happy Heisting!

Ps. Damn you Rockstar if you delay it any further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Now that you've posted that they're definitely coming on the 10th Rockstars going to delay it to prove you wrong :D

Hope they live up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

PS3 here, Level 76ish.

Feel free to add DakarVert. (Just let me know that you're from Boards!)

Can't wait for heists!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

1ZvMtGZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maahhhfaackin dream team yo!

I'm a level 69 (giggity) but what i lack in level, i make up in being able to not kick you out of the crew.

I am the best driver in GTA online as long as no one else is in the car and no one is watching me.

..... This is gonna be like in school isnt it where i get picked last to play soccer and then get stuck in goals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I have a good idea of who I'll be setting up a crew with. You certainly wouldn't want to be doing it with random players if there's a lot of money at stake.

• Advertisement

In case anyone is wondering,

I'm a level 130,

I'm a fairly s**t driver,

I'm a good enough pilot but there are definitely better in the crew,

I'm fairly good with a sniper rifle but again there are better out there.

I do have a nice apartment, does that count for anything? Oh and I'm pretty much always broke. I rarely have more than about 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Maahhhfaackin dream team yo!

I'm a level 69 (giggity) but what i lack in level, i make up in being able to not kick you out of the crew.

I am the best driver in GTA online as long as no one else is in the car and no one is watching me.

..... This is gonna be like in school isnt it where i get picked last to play soccer and then get stuck in goals :(

Meh, I kinda see that role reserved for me...
    I forsee a lot of me asking if I can be in the next crew, and you guys saying "maybe the next one mate"
    Then like school, I decide, fùčk them, I'll start my own game... Then I'm stood there with ball and nobody wants to play with me.... Forever alone, in my heist room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I know how it'll go.

Join a session, see 3 other crew members, start heist. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

havent been online much for the past week or 2, trying to platinum single player before heists, in case yer wonderin why i havent been accepting invites.

almost level 170, would be more only for my hiatus. i got loads of dosh so will be able to host the heists whenever.
    i dont seem to have any of the connection problems others have, 240mb line will do that, come at me bruh :P

The Heists Update patch had been submitted to Sony and MS...

ifddz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

The Heists Update patch had been submitted to Sony and MS...

ifddz.jpg

Im wetting myself with heistciment...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Anybody in search for a sniper genius hitman expert feel free to pm me if interested in joining your Heist I expect a 25% cut no more no less and if you screw me over I will find you and I will kill you

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I know how it'll go.

Join a session, see 3 other crew members, start heist. :pac:

Then get 80% through the heist to see:

"You have been disconnected from GTA Online due to an unknown error. Please try again".

Unknown error my ass, more like a bunch of sub standard online servers. :mad:

R* just released a 14 second video describing one of the heists.

https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames?fref=nf

2 Teams. Ground Team skydives into a secret lab, night vision infiltration, steal the information, get out and set off flares for Chopper Team.
    Chopper Team deals with with incoming security team using minigun from the sky (1 pilot and 1 on minigun).

EDIT:

IGN have posted a hands on preview:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/gta-5-online-heists-hands-on-theyre-real-and-theyre-spectacular?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Gamesradar Hands on:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-heists-first-ps4-hands-/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned

R* just released a 14 second video describing one of the heists.

https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames?fref=nf

2 Teams. Ground Team skydives into a secret lab, night vision infiltration, steal the information, get out and set off flares for Chopper Team.
    Chopper Team deals with with incoming security team using minigun from the sky (1 pilot and 1 on minigun).

EDIT:

IGN have posted a hands on preview:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/gta-5-online-heists-hands-on-theyre-real-and-theyre-spectacular?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Gamesradar Hands on:
    http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-heists-first-ps4-hands-/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned
    As frano would put it coolabula nidgeeee coolafckinbula...

The IGN hands on sounds absolutely class. For the 'Raid on Humane Labs' heist, the 4th setup mission had the 4 crew members infiltrating a bas using night vision and silenced pistols co-ordinating when to take down guards so you all shoot at the same time. Another setup mission has you buing security codes. 1 member is the buyer, another is their body guard and the other 2 take up sniper positions on near rooftops. These were even the proper heist missions. They said the whole thing (setup missions and actual heist) took 3 hours to complete.

I'll be on around 11.30 tuesday night if anyone is up for a late night heist? The payout for that one is 500k so I can host it as well. (non host crew memebrs will come away with about 120k each)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

lvl 53 ps3

niallcarroll19

If you play through every heist in order with the same crew on hard in the same session with no extra lives (about 8 hours to do) you each get 10 million as a bonus. :cool: You also get a bonus if you play the whole thing in FPS.

Gamesradar said that heist only takes 60k to fund. I thought it would be a lot more.

Also, once you play with specific heist vehicles like THE HYDRA JET, it becomes playable in free mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

I took Wednesday off work so gonna try get a lot of hours in on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

The IGN hands on sounds absolutely class. For the 'Raid on Humane Labs' heist, the 4th setup mission had the 4 crew members infiltrating a bas using night vision and silenced pistols co-ordinating when to take down guards so you all shoot at the same time. Another setup mission has you buing security codes. 1 member is the buyer, another is their body guard and the other 2 take up sniper positions on near rooftops. These were even the proper heist missions. They said the whole thing (setup missions and actual heist) took 3 hours to complete.

I'll be on around 11.30 tuesday night if anyone is up for a late night heist? The payout for that one is 500k so I can host it as well. (non host crew memebrs will come away with about 120k each)

I could do a few hours Tuesday night, though I'd say we won't be short of players anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd say it will be like Kenja said, log on, start heist, plenty of people to choose from. I just know I'll be on later so will be on til about half 2 or 3 finishing one.

Hour video of CVG talking about their hands on heist.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Level 94 on PS4, 2 Eclipse tower apartments, for double the heists :P

Not a MLG player but fairly decent at most things. Driving is my forte though, when I'm not plastered against a wall.

Tuesday log:
    06:00 wake up
    06:05 turn on ps4 update gta
    06:10 breakfast
    06:25 update complete
    06:28 unknown error
    06:29 retry
    06:30 unknown error please go back to gta v and try again later
    06:33 garda been called For man going crazy breaking up a ps4 and shouting obscenities and throwing punches into the air at a guy called rockstar...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have to say the heists look better than I thought, that 10 million bonus sounds great to me. 8 hours is a long time though, I'd say that will be a weekend thing. Tuesday can't come quick enough.

8 hours straight on hard with no extra lives, you better be Damn skippy about who you are bringing on the heist :D

Can't see that happening that often but say an odd person will complete it... say these are gonna be tough and complicated a bit I hope... It'll defo bring a new attitude to the game... In fairness to rockstar I'd say the delay was for the right reasons can't imagine they would put out the heists without them been at least 75% working... Hopefully they don't get modded and that players can't create them... If ye think about too if ya can glitch them it will kinda ruin them so I hope they are spot on...

k5nHTQrh.jpg

MpGCRquh.jpg

lLVTpyHh.jpg

leyXK1Zh.jpg

zqFTfGjh.jpg

Prison break
    2e2g9Vdh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I think I speak for everyone here.

CANNOT F**KING WAIT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

54k for the buy in. That's not too bad.

• Advertisement

Does everyone that joins have to pay or just the host?

Advertisement