Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone - €500 budget - Hoping to Purchase Today

Options
  • 27-05-2015 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

help please!

my s4 is fairly fecked and needs to be replaced.
    have 500ish budget and need to pick something up this week.

requirements are prepay "3" or simfree and must be available in dublin.
    ideally brand new as I have bought my last few phones on adverts and havent enjoyed the experience, would like some sort of guarantee etc

will the s5 on 3 (470) be my best bet or is there an alternative in the current range that would be better value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

How fecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

surpy wrote: »
    help please!

my s4 is fairly fecked and needs to be replaced.
    have 500ish budget and need to pick something up this week.

requirements are prepay "3" or simfree and must be available in dublin.
    ideally brand new as I have bought my last few phones on adverts and havent enjoyed the experience, would like some sort of guarantee etc

will the s5 on 3 (470) be my best bet or is there an alternative in the current range that would be better value?

S4 looks better imo.
    Personally, I've had s3 and now s5 and I think the 3 was a better phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

How fecked?

needs a new screen, charging port, camera and unable to make/receive calls so not even sure what that needs!

looking at 300euro ish to fix so cannot be bothered as its on its 3rd screen and 2nd charging port already

mickdw wrote: »
    S4 looks better imo.
    Personally, I've had s3 and now s5 and I think the 3 was a better phone

ive an s3 that i use when im really stuck but its slow and bulky.
    time for a new phone at this stage anyway and another s4 seems a bit boring (and expensive?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Buy the OnePlus

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Buy the OnePlus

where sells it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

oneplus.net

jonny24ie wrote: »
    oneplus.net

Looking to buy in Dublin as per op...
    One plus support horror stories enough to put me off them for life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Looking to buy in Dublin as per op...
    One plus support horror stories enough to put me off them for life

what size phone?

around 5" size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id still get the One Plus, i know 4 people with them and you woudnt drag it from their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The S5 is €464.95 in Argos Sim free, they also have the Sony Z3 and HTC One M8 under €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Order the one plus today, it will be worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ive an s3 that i use when im really stuck but its slow and bulky.
    time for a new phone at this stage anyway and another s4 seems a bit boring (and expensive?)

Strange, my S3 was quicker. S5 lags at times even with alot of features turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'd recommend the HTC One M8.
    Better specs than the OnePlus One, but has Sense instead of CyanogenMod. I like Sense though.

The one issue there is that they might be out of M8's and try sell you the cheaper M8S, which is basically an M8 with a better camera but slightly slower processor. Its around 100 cheaper as well.

My sister got one and I thought it was an M8 until she told me. And I've used an M8 in work for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I'd fully go against the suggestions regarding the OnePlus. Having used one myself before, it is a nice device however there is a manufacturing defect with the screen that effects a good percentage of users.

Read this thread if you need any convincing:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fixing-the-ghost-touch-grounding-issue-once-and-for-all-hint-it-was-never-a-software-problem.186235/

I'd go with something like the LG G3. Beats the OnePlus in pretty much all departments and it's from a reputable manufacturer as well. You can pick up the 16GB capacity one ( it has removable storage) for well under €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

http://www.to2c.com/lenovo-k3-note-2g-ram-16g-rom.html 150 euro delivered spend the rest on a.holiday.

Thanks everyone, picked up an s5 for 419 sim free from argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I'm going out on a limb here...The iPhone 5s 16gb is available on Three for €580.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Glad you got sorted OP :)

Advertisement