Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

As they say beggers can't be choosers. Nothing wrong signing Black in the current predicament. I am actually surprised Black & Beattie would play Div 3 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I am actually surprised Black & Beattie would play Div 3 though

Me too.
    Maybe they're getting some sort of special payment or something?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Eirebear wrote: »
    Me too.
    Maybe they're getting some sort of special payment or something?
    :p

It's simply just the pull of The Rangers. Third Division or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

some might say dragging others down to their level :P

some might say dragging others down to their level :P
    Hey.... We're bringing Black up a notch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You'll confuse the fúck out of him when ye start talking about passing the football

Dempsey wrote: »

You'll confuse the fúck out of him when ye start talking about passing the football

Tbf, he's actually a decent passer-its his tackling I'm worried about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Why, do you play for one of the other teams in Div 3? :p

He can pass the ball but I dont think he'll be used to recycling possession as much as Rangers do. He's not a very patient person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think he's a great signing for them. If roles were reversed he'd be exactly the type of player id want.

• Advertisement

Ach, you'll be alright. Despite his reputation, he's only had something like four reds in eight seasons. He does pick up a lot of yellow cards, though as it happens I read somewhere that 40% of his yellows were against Celtic and Rangers.......

......so that ought to cut his card count for the next couple of seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think Black would also be instrumental from protecting the younger players from some of the hatchet men in those lower divisions.

Kevin Kyle is on yer radar, he's a risk but if he's over his injury problems and is near enough to the level he used to be, he'd be another player suited for "plan b"
    Harry Hood ‏@Vandalgrease

THE English FA have told Southampton not to give the fee for Steven Davis straight to Rangers newco.

FIFA need to step in and sort this mess out properly at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Kevin Kyle is on yer radar, he's a risk but if he's over his injury problems and is near enough to the level he used to be, he'd be another player suited for "plan b"

FIFA need to step in and sort this mess out properly at this stage.

That is no surprise it will go towards paying football debts

Andrew Little ‏@AndyLittle29
    On my way to Ibrox..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Licence granted

the deal for our licence is done

spl to get 15 rangers games as part of there tv coverage,for 3 years

30 odd games to rangers tv with 20% of proceeds going to sfl

no stripping of trophies

a line drawn through this horrible mess

Supposedly ;)

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Licence granted

the deal for our licence is done

spl to get 15 rangers games as part of there tv coverage,for 3 years

30 odd games to rangers tv with 20% of proceeds going to sfl

no stripping of trophies

a line drawn through this horrible mess

So done that its not being reported anywhere! Where did you get that info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Ian Black and Craig Beattie training with Rangers, according to Raman Bhardwaj

Beattie has been offered a contract at Notts County according to a few on twitter.

Think someone mention Kevin Kyle as a potential target aswell, well he has been training with St Johnstone and was quoted in the Daily Mail as saying he was shocked former team mate Ian Black would even consider droping to Division 3 so seems unlikely.

Beattie has been offered a contract at Notts County according to a few on twitter.

Think someone mention Kevin Kyle as a potential target aswell, well he has been training with St Johnstone and was quoted in the Daily Mail as saying he was shocked former team mate Ian Black would even consider droping to Division 3 so seems unlikely.

Black has agreed a three year deal and Beattie a four year deal pending the membership transfer being completed.

• Advertisement

So done that its not being reported anywhere! Where did you get that info?

A well informed fan who has no reason to lie.

A well informed fan who has no reason to lie.

Like Ally McCoist I demand to know who this person is! :pac:

Black has agreed a three year deal and Beattie a four year deal pending the membership transfer being completed.

A four year deal for a 28 year old who has averaged less than 50% appearances over a 9 year career would seem a bit risky no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

A four year deal for a 28 year old who has averaged less than 50% appearances over a 9 year career would seem a bit risky no?
    Haven't you heard? the old pile of debt is gone at everyone else's expense time to build a new one.

Slight risk, but he has the ability to drive us through the divisions and it's not massive wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I think it's more risky for players signing three years or less with Rangers. Basically you get to play for three years with them in Div 3, Div 2 and Div 1 and then when they get to the SPL you'll probably be discarded/rewarded for your efforts with a place on the bench. In terms of their footballing career they'll have lost three years, being in the same position they were three years ago.

If the players are gambling on SPL2 they may work out quite well.

Kyle is currently in talks with Rangers. Graham Stack is also falling over himself for a contract. Robbie Savage will play for free and Eduardo Hurtado has put up his hand. Is Gazza still willing to play? Could have some circus of a squad for Div3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Also reports that Greek international Kafes is to sign for £400k p/y. He is 34 so it makes no sense at all. Mad money on a player that age for lower division football. It surely can't be true?

Only ones mentioning that are the Greek press.

• Advertisement

Only ones mentioning that are the Greek press.

Surely they are well informed and have no reason to lie :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Surely they are well informed and have no reason to lie :p

They do like lamb in Greece :P

Joint statement on behalf of The Scottish FA, The Scottish Premier League, The Scottish Football League and Sevco Scotland Ltd.

We are pleased to confirm that agreement has been reached on all outstanding points relating to the transfer of the Scottish FA membership between Rangers FC (In Administration), and Sevco Scotland Ltd, who will be the new owners of The Rangers Football Club.

A conditional membership will be issued to Sevco Scotland Ltd today, allowing Sunday’s Ramsdens Cup tie against Brechin City to go ahead.

Following the completion of all legal documentation, the Scottish Premier League will conduct the formal transfer of the league share between RFC (IA) and Dundee FC on no later than Friday 3rd August 2012. At this point, the transfer of Scottish FA membership will be complete.

Key points:
    - The Scottish FA has received all necessary information and documentation from Sevco Scotland Ltd, including details of the company structure, shareholders, financial projections and business plan.
    - Sevco Scotland Ltd has agreed to accept all conditions relating to RFC (IA)'s charges of bringing the game into disrepute, namely the 12-month transfer embargo, beginning at 0.01a.m on 1st September 2012, and payment of all outstanding fines and costs.
    - Sevco Scotland Ltd has agreed to settle all outstanding football debts to other members of the Scottish FA plus clubs under the jurisdiction of other Football Associations.
    - The Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League have reached agreement on the purchase of a package of broadcasting rights which will allow the former to include The Rangers FC matches in contracts with broadcast partners.
    - The Scottish Premier League has reserved its position in relation to the on-going investigation into EBTs.

Stewart Regan, Chief Executive of the Scottish FA: “We are pleased for everyone involved in this process, and indeed the whole of Scottish football, that a conclusion has been reached.

“There were a number of complex and challenging issues involved but, primarily, the Scottish FA had to be satisfied that the new owners of Rangers would operate in the best interests of the club, its fans and Scottish football in general.

“We have reached agreement on all terms and conditions attached to the transfer of membership and are able to grant conditional membership, ahead of the formal transfer of the SPL share a week today. This will allow the season to kick-off as planned this weekend and I am sure there will be many who will join me in welcoming the start of the new football season in Scotland.

“This has been a difficult period for Scottish football, but with this agreement now in place, and with the new season upon us, it is essential that we all focus our energies on football once again. In the months ahead, the Scottish FA will resume discussions on the subject of league reconstruction. We remain committed to this process in order to re-energise the national game and will work closely with the SPL, SFL and all other relevant affiliated bodies to provide a dynamic product appealing to our supporters."
    Charles Green, Chief Executive of The Rangers Football Club, said “The agreement signed today allows Rangers to be granted membership by the SFA and finally enables the Club to move forward.

“The Board, the Manager and senior executives have been working tirelessly over the last few weeks to secure the future of the Club and today is the start of that process.

“The Board has had to take some very difficult decisions to gain SFA membership, including accepting the delayed transfer ban and paying outstanding financial penalties. But we are now able to get back to playing football and plan for the new season, starting this Sunday with our match against Brechin.

“There remains, however, an outstanding issue with the SPL regarding EBTs. As we have proved in the last couple of months we will stand up to any challenges that face Rangers and will continue to fight for the Club’s best interests.”

Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive of the SPL: "We are pleased to have reached an agreement with the parties concerned. Discussions will now continue with our broadcast partners and we expect to be in a position to make a further announcement next week on broadcasting rights and the on-going EBT investigation."

Jim Ballantyne, President of the SFL: "Current events have thrown up some serious challenges to Scottish football and the SFL has played its part in trying to navigate through to a solution in difficult circumstances.

“I am now looking forward to doing what we are actually here to do. To play football."

So what happens if Sevco & SPL dig their heels in next week, another temporary licence for the next match? If the SPL couldnt get them to agree by now they are not going to accept it next week. I dont see the point of issuing a temporary licence because they have given up their leverage by promising broadcasters that they will be in Div3. If the SPL wanted to really pressure Sevco into accepting the outcome of the EBT investigation they should have made them miss the Ramsden Cup.

Basically, the licence will be given next week and the SPL will just have to go through the normal channels with the EBT thing. Why not just follow the rulebook instead of needlessly making shít up.

Ian Black signs
    Andy Little re signs
    Dean Shiels currently having a medical

I'm just glad we can focus on football now.

Also, I'm starting to warm to Green, gloves well and truly off :pac:
    "I think everyone knows that it's Rangers that are playing at Ibrox whether its owned by company A or company B.

"Our main rivals - or our former main rivals - across the city they have had three different companies in their lifespan.

"In fact if you look at their corporate structure now it's more complicated than Rangers' is.

"So it's not about an individual or a corporate company with a registration number. This is Rangers and will always be Rangers."

• Advertisement

Green is talking shíte, but go ahead and lap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'm just glad we can focus on football now.

Also, I'm starting to warm to Green, gloves well and truly off :pac:

"Our main rivals - or our former main rivals - across the city they have had three different companies in their lifespan."

Sorry Charlie but that is just not true, we will add that to the long list of gaffs you have made so far, shall we?

Green seems to be taking a leaf out of Craig Whyte's book, spout any old bollocks which will appease the fans and which defects attention away from the problems at Ibrox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

What's the squad like now lads? Will Rangers walk the 3rd Division?

What do you expect from the match tomorrow against Brechin City? Comfortable win?

BKC wrote: »

What do you expect from the match tomorrow against Brechin City? Comfortable win?

Seems like we're now busy getting in as much players as possible before the transfer ban kicks in, if we keep getting the type of players we're getting now I don't think we'll have too much trouble.

But to be honest, I don't know a single thing about the teams from Div3.

If we can bulk up the squad a wee bit more then we should see succesive promotions from Div 3 and 2 without too much of an issue.
    After that is where the rebuilding takes on a different set of challenges.

Things can go wrong though, so i'm not taking anything for granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What will the financial situation of the new setup be? I'm sure ally is on a decent wedge to have stayed on.
    What level of wages will Rangers be able to afford to pay their players, circa £5k per week? Because at the end of the day a lot of players will have no problem playing in sfl3 if the money is right.
    Also what level of crowds do you think you will get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What will the financial situation of the new setup be? I'm sure ally is on a decent wedge to have stayed on.
    What level of wages will Rangers be able to afford to pay their players, circa £5k per week? Because at the end of the day a lot of players will have no problem playing in sfl3 if the money is right.
    Also what level of crowds do you think you will get?

I think £5k is about right, some players will be a bit above that.

The financial set up is unknown to the fans yet, Green hasn't exactly been clear on that.

As for crowds, depends on results.
    If it seems like we'll be cruising the leagues we'll get 30k no problem, more for some games.

Big game for Sevco today

Big game for Sevco today

Rangers ;)

Rangers: Alexander; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace; Black, Hutton, McCulloch, Macleod, Little, McKay
    Subs: Gallacher, Cole, Naismith, Crawford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Rangers: Alexander; Broadfoot, Goian, Bocanegra, Wallace; Black, Hutton, McCulloch, Macleod, Little, McKay
    Subs: Gallacher, Cole, Naismith, Crawford.

Only 4 subs? Is that Rangers entire available playing squad so?

Only 4 subs? Is that Rangers entire available playing squad so?

Out with a couple if injuries yes, Edu is talking to clubs and carrying a small injury, Bedoya is talking to Helsingborgs. Ross Perry injured as well.

Rangers ;)
    The Rangers FC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

This match is live on BBC Alba by the way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement