Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about using an external antenna for 4G reception

Options
  • 19-08-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Currently, my only form of broadband is via mobile broadband with THREE (using Netgear AC762S), and Vodafone (using R212)... and the reception is alright but could be better.

I plan on getting an unlocked Huawei B593s-22 Router for the both of them, to which would be hooked by to powerlines to network the entire house, and having an external antenna installed on the roof to improve the reception using 2 of these (LINK).

They're directional. My question is this:

I plan on having it face THREE's mast, while Vodafone's mast is roughly 90° away from that... How much would this effect the reception with Vodafone, and for curiosity's sake what would it be like in the opposite direction?

Advertisement