Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/Least favourite redesign

Options
  • 16-07-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭

So with the latest seemingly random redesign for Batgirl
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/poll-what-do-you-think-of-batgirls-new-costume

I was wondering which redesigns have you liked/disliked over the years.

Personally I don't like the Batgirl redesign, but will see what it looks like in action. As one comment said, it may have made sense with the New 52 launch but not 35 issues in. I can't see how they'll explain it unless they go down the "there's something wrong with the timeline" route they went with Wonder Woman's trousers.

Of course there are then the New 52 redesigns, which I didn't mind any of like Superman and Harley.
    One change I'm still not sure of is Jonah Hex.

In Marvel, I'm still getting used to the new X-Factor designs, but think that's more to do with the art than anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'm indifferent to the Batgirl design, it just has me wondering what age DC want Gordon to appear as versus what she actually is.

Not a fan of the Fantastic Four's black and red attire. Ain't bad or anything, I just think it's too reminiscent The Incredibles (which is what they might be going for).

Johnny Storm's red/gold android Torch homage and Invisible Woman's cleavage window outfits just sucked.

Oh, and I want Iron Fist to go back to the green and yellow, lose the neck-frill and slippers and take to taping his hands and feet. Or stick with the boots. Just lose the slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Agreed on FF. The black and red doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

I kind of like it actually! :o

In fairness though it's not really going to increase my readership of the books.. Never liked the FF that much.

As for the batgirl design I think it's a little bit cute compared to the last look, but that's just my taste.

My least favourite design was probably the mcgargan venom though..

Trying to think of a favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Agreed on FF. The black and red doesn't work.

Yup. The white costumes from Hickman's time didn't work either.

Also any Iron Man costume that isn't red and gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yup. The white costumes from Hickman's time didn't work either.

Also any Iron Man costume that isn't red and gold.

The current IM costume could be a lot better. The upcoming one looks awful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement