Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conflicting roundabout advice

• 30-12-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Ladies and Gents, I wonder could you help me with this (and seeing as I have made several attempts at describing what I mean and failed, I've drawn a picture instead :D)

It's about this roundabout in Wilton. My instructor says to take route indicated by the blue then the red line, coming right across towards the grass on the right.
    My question is whether I can take the blue line right the way around and exit by the right hand lane.

I think the caveat with this one is that further down the exit road there is what used to be a roundabout but that's changed recently in favour of a new junction with a flyover.

q18c9.png

Appreciate the help as always and sorry for being a nuisance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

You should generally exit in the left lane as advised by your instructor. You can however exit in the right lane if the left is blocked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭DaveyDriving

You should generally exit in the left lane as advised by your instructor. You can however exit in the right lane if the left is blocked
    Or if arrows on the road indicate that the right lane can be used for the exit which you want to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

The red / left lane is the most correct lane to exit in for this roundabout. The junction further down the road has no effect in this circumstance. The road markings don't change this either.
    Who conflicted with the correct advice of the instructor you mentioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I did my test on this route , and so did the gf, always take the route your instructor said when possible, and on this roundabout it is possible 99.99% of the time .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Your instructor is correct. You should ALWAYS be in the left lane when exiting (well on most roundabouts anyway), and you must blend into it after you pass the exit before yours, as shown by the red line. Some clowns just cut across from the right lane, into the left, immediately before they want to exit. *ankers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

Thanks for your replies.

ADIDriving - It was my Qualified Driver. I took the red route initially and they responded with a "What are you doing?".

Advice heeded and will be putting it into practice confidently tomorrow. Thanks and sorry for the blatant question!

Advertisement