Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car wash before test.

• 27-12-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I got test next wednesday.
    I plan to do following:
    *Change light bulbs back to standart yellowish tint. (got white right now)
    *Take sub and amps out (just in case it goes off and heavy bass turns on) :D
    *Wash car (haven't been washed for past 8 months)
    *Clean inside (needs som eheavy cleaning)
    *Make car alloys shiny.
    *Clean all windows to shine.

Well in general do a heavy cleaning.

Any suggestions where or what car wash to use? I used bucket and sponge once - that's the reason it hasn't been washed for 8 months. Just **** that. I rather pay some price and save effort.
    Any suggestions? I would spend up to 25 euro only on washing and inside cleaning. I am based in City center.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

arleitiss wrote: »
    Any suggestions where or what car wash to use?

There's no requirement to have a spotless car but it should be reasonably clean especially windows and lights. Make sure the passenger seat is clear of debris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

There's no requirement to have a spotless car but it should be reasonably clean especially windows and lights. Make sure the passenger seat is clear of debris.

I heard before that some examiners refused to get in car as it was too dirty or so. So I better not take a chance. I need to wash it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

no harm giving it a good clean anyway, at least it will give the tester a good first impression before your test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd agree with cleaning the car. Creates a good first impression. Dress nicely too. Not collar/tie, but decent jeans, and a nice top. Treat this in the same way you would a job interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

I couldn't believe it when my girlfriend put her Yaris through as she hasn't cleaned it in 2 years and I mean 2. I use to clean it inside/out but got fed up when it was used as a bin so left it to her.
    God knows whats in there but found chicken nuggets, rashers and lots more when I use to clean it out.

It does be better to clean it properly for the test though.

• Advertisement

So any suggestions where to wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

There is them eco car washes at a lot of shopping centre car parks that do a clean for €35.

Not too many places I know would do for less then that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

arleitiss wrote: »
    So any suggestions where to wash?

Any petrol garage.

I've seen some people paying at petrol stations, then there is like few hoses labeled water, soap, wax, dryer or something similar. I don't mind washing using those, just not a sponge and bucket :D
    How much do those cost?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Handiest way is to use the drive-in thing. Anything from 6 to 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'd also pop the bonnet and give it a quick wipe in there. You won't have to touch anything in there as part of the test, but again in the interest of making a good impression.

Also check tyre pressure, lights are working, condition of wiper blades and make sure the washer reservoir is topped up. Clean the inside of your windows to prevent them fogging up during the test. You don't need that hassle during the test.

I'd also pop the bonnet and give it a quick wipe in there. You won't have to touch anything in there as part of the test, but again in the interest of making a good impression.

Also check tyre pressure, lights are working, condition of wiper blades and make sure the washer reservoir is topped up. Clean the inside of your windows to prevent them fogging up during the test. You don't need that hassle during the test.
    Will examiner look at speedometer? because mine is a bit glitching and it tends instead of going smoothly down or up it rather goes like clock ticking. But if I stay in that speed for about 2 seconds it clicks to it and shows that speed.

Just cleaned my car from inside, hoovered, dust off mats, using small humid tissues I cleaned out engine, pipes, tubes, tanks so it looks as new, wiped all dashboard, took off all accesories, gps/phone holder, put some alcohol based substance (anti fog or something) on windows, turned heater to full and let it dry in.
    Gonna go in few mins do the car wash then off to Finglas area for driving around to familiarize myself, get used to todays traffic flow, and you know... warm up and stuff like that.

Advertisement