Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Light Nigthclub (aka Heaven)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

It was better when it was west, you could watch Saturday football and stay on a bit later if you liked, and you could see out.

Maybe it's going to be turned into an Eastern Europe night club!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

should turn it into a lap dancing club

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

andersat2 wrote: »
    I think the best place outside M50 ring is ARC in Lucan.
    They have 3 Euro all pints 10-12pm - THAT's BARGAIN!!
    The crowd is a bit youngster, but not agressive like it was in Light,
    food great, music trendy.

is this in the Clarion hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

ARC is the big glass building next to the Clarion.

Apart from being next to each other, its nothing to do the the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

PUB CHAIN JD Wetherspoon have bought another pub in Dublin, bringing their total in the city to four.
    The company said this morning it has bought the former Light Nightclub in Blanchardstown – a large premises on the Westend Commercial Village site.
    It marks an expansion into west Dublin for the chain, which opened its first Irish pub in Blackrock earlier this year and has taken over two more premises in Dun Laoghaire and Swords.
    With four pubs, the company will become a significant player on the capital’s nightlife scene. The famous Chawke pub group currently owns six pubs, while the Smith group owns seven. The Louis Fitzgerald group lists 16 Dublin pubs on its website.
    Wetherspoon’s chairman Tim Martin told DailyEdge.ie earlier this year that Irish pubs need “more competitive prices” to survive. The company’s Irish price list was widely shared on social media last month.
    The chain said it plans to invest €3million in converting the Light Nightclub into a large pub. Here’s a video from the club in former days:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Be interesting to see what they do with it.

A sports bar would be a obvious one, show sports from America if they get a late licence.

I think with the Bell/Clonsila a pay in night club isnt going to work. Why pay in to something you can get free,especially if it means a taxi from said pubs then pay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

jeffk wrote: »

A sports bar would be a obvious one, show sports from America if they get a late licence..

Spoons pub model is pity standard, Cheap food and beer with a common décor :p

oblivious wrote: »
    Spoons pub model is pity standard, Cheap food and beer with a common décor :p

I heard that alright,planning on going to the one in Belfast when im up there

Dare I say it will fit in with some of the local clientele so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I heard that alright,planning on going to the one in Belfast when im up there

They do tend to reflect the local area, some are good some are bad. I do think this is a win for the average pub consumer, you can go out and have a few pint and have change in you pocket

• Advertisement

oblivious wrote: »
    They do tend to reflect the local area, some are good some are bad. I do think this is a win for the average pub consumer, you can go out and have a few pint and have change in you pocket

You cant say no to cheaper drink,heard the food is cheap as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A bit unfair. It'll attract many that want to have a good variety of beers and ales, as well as families out for a bit of lunch.

A sports bar would be awful, not that it's going to happen. But sports bars are the worse for going for a pint in.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A bit unfair. It'll attract many that want to have a good variety of beers and ales, as well as families out for a bit of lunch.

A sports bar would be awful, not that it's going to happen. But sports bars are the worse for going for a pint in.

You ever been in the Budda Bar? If that crowd are let in then im being fair hinting

Well something different from whats here, unles people are happy with going to the same old same old and sure its cheaper to drink there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I had been to it, but you can't compare the two, it's been how many years since that closed?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I was, but you can't compare the two, it's been how many years since that closed?

Im comparing the potential customers this sort of venue could attract,which I hope it doesnt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Budda Bar is closed about ten years at this stage so I think the same clientele won't be around for weekend pints ;) The area has changed a lot in that time, it'll be interesting to see how it does. I'd say it will get off to a great start anyway, there isn't a huge variety of places in the area as far as going for a few drinks goes and it's in a good location for shoppers, office workers, students, cinema-goers etc.

Very true, most are likely on holidays now

I hope it does well, seems it covers all with drink, coffee and food, never a bad thing to have a choice to go somewhere new and hopefully better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So Light / Heaven / West / Whatever flavor of the month ( :p ) is finally closed. Surprised it took so long tho as so many other clubs in Dublin have gone over the years. Never thought Q-Bar would ever go with the ques you'd see outside the place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

So Light / Heaven / West / Whatever flavor of the month ( :p ) is finally closed. Surprised it took so long tho as so many other clubs in Dublin have gone over the years. Never thought Q-Bar would ever go with the ques you'd see outside the place.

The OP was posted in April 2013, when it actually closed :P

Just resurrected today as Wetherspoons are said to have purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

miamee wrote: »
    The OP was posted in April 2013, when it actually closed :P

Just resurrected today as Wetherspoons are said to have purchased it.

bahahaha.
    shows how out of touch I am :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Closing this thread -there is a new thread discussing this establishment here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057328427

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement