Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My problem is....

Options
  • 13-04-2008 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Not so much a problem but a thing I'd like to get out here and see the responses.
    Basically I met this girl online a while ago and she is amazing!
    We really conect and I would go as far as to say that I love her.
    Now very few of my friends know that I'm such a sad bastard that my best friend is online.
    The thing is....She doesn't like me in that way and I fell doubly like a sad bastard cz I'm in a situation of unrequited love with someone I don't know.
    Well there we go!
    Just wanted to get that off my chest!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Tell her to take a hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

andgoodbye wrote: »
    I'm in a situation of unrequited love with someone I don't know.

There is a short answer to this Im afraid. You are just going to have to get over her. If its unrequited, there is nothing you can do.

Avoid being where she goes online etc., it would only make it harder to forget her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

block her from you msn or whatever and just try to get over it id say. not much else you can do im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Delete her from your contact list.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

andgoodbye wrote: »
    Basically I met this girl online a while ago and she is amazing!
    Maybe maybe not. She may have an "amazing" persona online but beyond... I would suggest getting out there and redefining amazing.
    We really conect and I would go as far as to say that I love her.
    Then like "amazing" your idea of love has no basis for comparison. In any case you don't love her, you may like her, and be besotted by what you know of her, but it's infatuation.
    Now very few of my friends know that I'm such a sad bastard that my best friend is online.
    The world has changed a lot and methods for finding friendship/companionship have changed with it. People have met husbands and wives online. Wouldn't worry about that per se, if you have other social outlets.
    The thing is....She doesn't like me in that way and I fell doubly like a sad bastard cz I'm in a situation of unrequited love with someone I don't know.
    The thing is.... She doesn't even know you yet and as you write you don't even know her. The other thing is that unrequited love ahould be renamed and viewed as unrequited infatuation. Romantic love requires two. Unrequited "love" is the in the territory of one hand clapping.

I would say get out of your comfort zone with women. Engage more people socially. Engage yourself too.

Look on this as just another life lesson I reckon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement