Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft office university

Options
  • 21-07-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

If you get microsoft office university, the four year subscription, can it be used on one mac and one PC. I have a mac but my mom has a PC and was hoping it could be used on both or are they specific to PC and mac? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

THink the licence is for one instance of use, so only on one device

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The license is for 1 user with 2 installations - Mac and Laptop, PC and PC, Mac and PC, Mac and Mac etc etc etc are all valid. You can have 2 installations of any combination of Office 2013 for Windows or Office for Mac 2011. When Mac 2014 launches you will be able to install that instead (same story for Office 2016). You can also have unlimited installations on mobile devices (iOS/Droid/Windows Store Apps) and web access (eg. office.com web-based apps)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Overheal wrote: »
    Not true, the license is for 1 user with 2 installations - Mac and Laptop, PC and PC, Mac and PC, etc etc etc are all valid. You can have 2 installations of any combination of Office 2013 for Windows or Office for Mac 2011. When Mac 2014 launches you will be able to install that instead (same story for Office 2016). You can also have unlimited installations on mobile devices (iOS/Droid/Windows Store Apps) and web access (eg. office.com web-based apps)

Been a while since I dealt with licencing!

Advertisement