Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,945 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ah heyour, the whole great work rate myth has been undone years ago.

I read this article this morning
    http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/07/lionel_messi_2014_world_cup_the_world_s_best_player_has_figured_out_how.html

It also could raise an argument on why selling Messi might not be the worst thing in the world. He can carry a team, yes. But his influence seems to be very negative on team mates. He has also been rumoured to be bullying some of the younger players (Tello being one of them)
    That is possibly the worst pile of rubbish I've ever read off of this site.

Why would you post that nonsense here and suggest its passable or believable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

eagle eye wrote: »
    That is possibly the worst pile of rubbish I've ever read off of this site.

Why would you post that nonsense here and suggest its passable or believable?

What is false about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,945 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What is false about it?
    This shite
    The power dynamic in that Argentina dressing room has been one of the most gossiped-about themes of the World Cup. The word is that the team is living under the dictatorship of Messi. People say the coach, Alejandro Sabella, is a puppet whose job is to interpret the dictator's will—a task complicated by the fact that the dictator hardly ever speaks. Rumor has it Sabella communicates with Messi through intermediaries: Mascherano, Fernando Gago, and Sergio Agüero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I read this article this morning
    http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/07/lionel_messi_2014_world_cup_the_world_s_best_player_has_figured_out_how.html

It also could raise an argument on why selling Messi might not be the worst thing in the world. He can carry a team, yes. But his influence seems to be very negative on team mates. He has also been rumoured to be bullying some of the younger players (Tello being one of them)

What a terrible article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

IrishIrish wrote: »
    What a terrible article.

What do you disagree about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is a difference between being static and utilizing your energy cleverly. No point in barging around like a headless chicken when there is no need for it. Messi reads the game and does his running accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

It was? I must've missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

How exactly are Barca gonna accommodate Messi, Neymar & Suarez??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

royster999 wrote: »
    How exactly are Barca gonna accommodate Messi, Neymar & Suarez??
    4-3-1-2 I think.

______________Bravo____________
    Alves____Pique_____Masherano___Alba
    ___________Busquets_____________
    ______Rakitic________Iniesta_______
    _____________Messi______________
    _______Suarez_______Neymar_____

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

MD1990 wrote: »
    4-3-1-2 I think.

______________Bravo____________
    Alves____Pique_____Masherano___Alba
    ___________Busquets_____________
    ______Rakitic________Iniesta_______
    _____________Messi______________
    _______Suarez_______Neymar_____

What about Xavi?? Rakitic is nothing special and is not great imho. I would be further unimpressed with Barcelona if they let Xavi go.

In my opinion, considering Suarez's controversial background, Barca should be trying for James Rodriguez instead (he is also 5 years younger).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

cocaholic wrote: »
    What about Xavi?? Rakitic is nothing special and is not great imho. I would be further unimpressed with Barcelona if they let Xavi go.

In my opinion, considering Suarez's controversial background, Barca should be trying for James Rodriguez instead (he is also 5 years younger).

What about him? He's moving to the Middle East.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Well I'm pleased anyway..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Suarez, Messi & Neymar in one team.

It's not right.

...and Iniesta

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dfx- wrote: »
    ...and Iniesta

It's downright unnatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

But still no CBs :pac:

Also think ye were mistaken to get rid of Sanchez. Pedro, Tello should have offloaded instead.

Turtwig wrote: »

Also think ye were mistaken to get rid of Sanchez. Pedro, Tello should have offloaded instead.

Sanchez was unhappy and wanted to leave. Other than that I would agree.

Re CBs- who needs them when you have Masch and his anus tearing tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lucky bastards, he is an amazing player. treat him well or we will have no problem taking him back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Turtwig wrote: »

Well be thankful that they didnt waste 60m euro on that donkey David Luiz .
    Dont worry ,I've heard that they have their eye on the great Paul McShane now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Any chance Messi returns to a more wide right position like he started out now that Suarez has arrived? I know he prefers a central position but being on the flank would allow him more space as in every game for the last four or five years he's been the most marked player that I've ever seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

any chance luis is messi's replacement, not this year but next,or does the transfer embargo inculde sales?

Well be thankful that they didnt waste 60m euro on that donkey David Luiz .
    Dont worry ,I've heard that they have their eye on the great Paul McShane now.

I'm pissed they didn't. Pique and Luiz partnership had me salivating. I don't know about Mcshane not sure he'd provide the same level of drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

So it seems Barca are spoiled for choice CB wise. Just this week Mathieu offered himself to the club and it has now been confirmed Blind has decided where better to take his holiday than Barcelona. After the world cup he has had I would welcome him. But as we have seen before a good WC doesn't always transform into any thing more :/

What do people think? If you had to choose one who do you pick? I'd give Mathieu the nod. He has experience in La Liga and always shows up against the big teams. He played a stormed against Real on a couple of occasions and at times kept Jordi Alba out of the Valencia side. He would be more of an Abidal replacement than a Puyol replacement. Versatile in that he can play CB or LB equally well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Can Blind play CB? Always thought it was LB and CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

He has played there on a few occasions. Barca have a habbit of droppin mid-fielders back into defense and the WC showed he is well able to tackle/head the ball.

Its that or 20m for a a 30 year old who doesn't even break into the French starting line up :/

Hummels and Inigo Martinez would be my first 2 options but hey, lets leave it to Zubi xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Davaeo09 wrote: »

Hummels and Inigo Martinez would be my first 2 options but hey, lets leave it to Zubi xD

I've done it to myself the last two windows, but I'm not getting my hopes up again... Barca won't let my dream come true ;(

Mathieu confirmed for €15m. Good signing, though I am not sure he is the steely centre half Barca need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

gimmick wrote: »
    Mathieu confirmed for €15m. Good signing, though I am not sure he is the steely centre half Barca need.

Closer to 20m euro it would seem making him the most expensive defender of all time aged over 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Closer to 20m euro it would seem making him the most expensive defender of all time aged over 30.

AS have said it will be €10m up front and €10m in instalments. Not overly impressed with the cost considering who could've been bought with that money + a bit on top... Decent defender, but strange signing imo

Who else could have come in though? Everyone knows Barca need centre halves and everyone knows about the embargo ahead, so they are going to jack their prices right up, as Valencia most certainly did with Mathieu.

Im sure another signing will be made soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Zubi apparently confusing everyone today in the press conference with the media (Mathieu's unveiling), judging by the quotes, Zubi is keeping his cards so close to his chest that he's forgotten what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

http://www.punditarena.com/football/ddalton/can-lionel-messi-return-to-heights-under-luis-enrique/

Hopefully Messi can be back to his very best next season. Mathieu is a decent signing. He suits the way barca play decent pace to play a high line and good in position

Let's all rejoice at the prospect of another season of Xavi Hernandez at Barcelona. Must be used sparingly but on the evidence of the first 15 minutes of this half he still has magic in those legs.

Also if I were to write how I feel about Samper I fear it might put me in line for a restraining order, I literally can't say enough good things about him.

Speak of the devil, 1-1 Xavi penalty evens the score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Let's all rejoice at the prospect of another season of Xavi Hernandez at Barcelona. Must be used sparingly but on the evidence of the first 15 minutes of this half he still has magic in those legs.

Also if I were to write how I feel about Samper I fear it might put me in line for a restraining order, I literally can't say enough good things about him.

Ohhh....we all doubt that's true somehow!:D:D:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Ohhh....we all doubt that's true somehow!:D:D:D

In the years to come I will try but nothing I say will ever come close, not even hundredth, to describing just how good he is. The perfect Barcelona midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lads there is a groupon offer currently available which is match ticket and two nights stay in Barcelona price varies depending on what match and what ticket you pick. Thinking of heading to the levante game in January or Feb not sure comes in at 115. Could someone have a look and give their opinion of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ran out of ideas in that game. Were Napoli in preseason before us? Worrying regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Lads there is a groupon offer currently available which is match ticket and two nights stay in Barcelona price varies depending on what match and what ticket you pick. Thinking of heading to the levante game in January or Feb not sure comes in at 115. Could someone have a look and give their opinion of it?

Looks to be ended now anyway but it was really €230 for 2 tickets and 1 hotel room for 2 nights. You could easily do it yourself for that or cheaper if you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

An Citeog wrote: »
    Looks to be ended now anyway but it was really €230 for 2 tickets and 1 hotel room for 2 nights. You could easily do it yourself for that or cheaper if you wanted.

Which is 115pp. Still 10 days left to buy the groupon.

If I could do it for a similar price myself I could prefer that. Where do people usually buy their tickets?

With a starting lineup all from La Masia, it's a most Barcelona 2 goals that has the score at 2-0. It's a tiki taka feast to savour.

Rafinha's cross is converted by Munir, that takes him to two goals and an assist so far.

Its pre season, it's HJK Helsinki but the Barcelona press right now is mighty as is the ball retention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Their keeper is rubbish..

Its 4-0, it's Pique, I can barely believe the football I'm seeing, Enrique's Barcelona are gearing up for an assault on all fronts.

Rakitic delivers the free-kick and Bartra's header makes it 5-0. Brilliant 50 minutes from Barcelona.

It's 6-0 and I'm not the least bit surprised it's Rakitic with the assist, he's been terrific since coming on, Sandro Ramirez hammers it in.

Watching Alexis playing for Arsenal makes me even more convinced ye let the wrong player go. Pedro should have gone imo. Sanchez is a huge loss.

Delighted for Arsenal though. :)

His success elsewhere does not mean he shouldn't have been let go from Barcelona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement