Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teeth cleaning in cork city

Options
  • 04-03-2015 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

what does the regular teeth cleaning cost in average in cork city? i mean removing the plaque und polishing the teeth up, the very basic stuff that takes 15 minutes or so.

i have a dental insurance through my employer that costs me like 6 euro per month.

i'm trying to evaluate if its worth it if i only need a cleaning/polishing once every 2 years or so

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Scale and polish is usually around 50-60 euro. I get mine done every 6 months. 2 years seems like a large gap for a scaling. Do you get your checkups done in between as well? I imagine your insurance also covers any fillings or other work required.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

pwurple wrote: »
    Scale and polish is usually around 50-60 euro. I get mine done every 6 months. 2 years seems like a large gap for a scaling. Do you get your checkups done in between as well? I imagine your insurance also covers any fillings or other work required.

50 to 60 seems alright to me. thanks for the info

yes the insurance also covers a lot of other stuff, but the last time i was at the dentinst for something other than scaling/polishing was 10 years ago when my last wisdom teeth was pulled. and the last polishing was like 5 years ago. in my home country basic dental services are free, so i dont know why i didnt have my teeth scaled/polished before i came to ireland 2 years ago. and there isnt even much plaque on my teeth right now. maybe i have uncomplicated teeth, i dont know. but the insurance seems wasteful to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The price differences drive me mad.. I go to the dentist and to get mine cleaned with the hygienist tis €65 I think, and then himself goes and gets it done by the dentist all in the same practice and it is €40..

Either way I would think paying the €6 is well worth it so keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

murfilein wrote: »
    50 to 60 seems alright to me. thanks for the info

Just in case you don't know, your PRSI payments also cover a regular free checkup with a dentist. It used to cover a cleaning, but ya know... recession etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

pwurple wrote: »
    Just in case you don't know, your PRSI payments also cover a regular free checkup with a dentist. It used to cover a cleaning, but ya know... recession etc.

i didnt know! thanks for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement