Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Random enough question relating to the FA cup final earlier today.

I had a €10 bet on Ramires to score first and Chelsea to win 2:0 @100/1 which obviously didnt come through ( and as such Im hoping doesnt count as after timing seeing as it didnt win but I can provide a pic if needs be mods)

My question to the more experienced guys here is when the game was 2:0 should I have offset it against a bet of maybe over 2.5 goals? maybe put €500 down on that? Or what odds would that of been at that stage roughly?

Or what way would ye guys have played it? Just looking for advice so I know what to do if it happens again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I had a €10 bet on Ramires to score first and Chelsea to win 2:0 @100/1 which obviously didnt come through ( and as such Im hoping doesnt count as after timing seeing as it didnt win but I can provide a pic if needs be mods)

My question to the more experienced guys here is when the game was 2:0 should I have offset it against a bet of maybe over 2.5 goals? maybe put €500 down on that? Or what odds would that of been at that stage roughly?

Or what way would ye guys have played it? Just looking for advice so I know what to do if it happens again!

Too specific a bet for me to find anyway to hedge it off with big money like that, could of very well ended 2 - 0.

Too many possible outcomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Too specific a bet for me to find anyway to hedge it off with big money like that, could of very well ended 2 - 0.

Too many possible outcomes.

Yea that's what I was thinking but if I had €500 on over 2.5 goals in the game then either my original bet would come through or if Chelsea or Liverpool scored another it would have been covered with the over 2.5.

But in saying that the odds of over 2.5 when Chelsea were 2:0 up were probably too minimal to make it worthwhile.

Ah, it was just a small bet out of interest, a little bit gutted though!

Or neither score and your severely out of pocket! and yeah odds would of been around 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Yeah over 2.5 goals would have been the only way you could have. BUT odds on over 2.5 goals after the 2nd goal, 52nd min, would have been ~4/11 at an educated guess. €500 on that would have returned €680 so that's profit of €170 worst case scenario or €500 best case. Hard to say if anyone would trade out at that price. IMO I probably would have been greedy (stupid?:P) and let it run until about the 70th minute, and of course with the Carrol goal lost all profit. It also depends on whether you would have had the funds to throw down €500 extra, which many wouldn't.

Edit: Maybe I'm a bit off with the 4/11 but definately wouldn't be over 1/2-4/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Or neither score and your severely out of pocket! and yeah odds would of been around 1/2
    If neither scored the main bet would have come through at 1k, for a 500e profit..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

unlucky man
    that wouldnt have been a bad idea but there was only 6 mins till
    the next goal and i always found myself waiting a little bit too long
    for more favourable odds and losing out so that little bit of greed cost me.
    I would guess that with about half an hour to go that over 2.5 would
    have been around evens to 6/4 so that would have been the way
    to go

At 2-0 his bet was in a winning position so over 2.5 goals would have covered him.

I was sure his original post read Ramires 1st scorer in a 2-1 win, my bad lads. Dont ate me!

And yes so, I've of gone big on overs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Y BUT odds on over 2.5 goals after the 2nd goal, 52nd min, would have been ~4/11 at an educated guess.

now im really curious as to what the odds were at that stage
    was thinking around evens myself

• Advertisement

I was sure his original post read Ramires 1st scorer in a 2-1 win, my bad lads. Dont ate me!

And yes so, I've of gone big on overs

Don't let it happen again :mad::P

mailburner wrote: »

Over 30 mins left, definately would have been lower imo.

mailburner wrote: »

Just had a look on a tracker there, over 3.5 after the 2nd goal was at 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    20 quid on Drogs anytime @ the weekend. Chap loves Wembley and liverpool :)

Only bet of the day..Happy happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Double for tomorrow:

Spurs 5/6 & QPR 10/11

pays 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

You must deal with savage variance

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Udinese v Genoa
    Di Natale to score and Udinese to win 6/5. Loving those odds. They're up against a team fighting relegation but I just cant see past Udinese

ffs I was just about to place this bet and I see its already gone down to 4/5

I cant tell ye lot anything lol

damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

hellfish08 wrote: »
    Got the same email, cheers for reminding me, nearly ignored it

Single
    05 May 2012 - Chelsea v Liverpool - Match Winner Offer 2
    Drogba To Score And Chelsea To Win In 90 Minutes @ 5/1
    Stake : £10.00
    Estimated Returns : £50.00

BOOOOOOOOOM!!!! :D not too bad for a free bet :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont have the balls to do it but some of you might.

Posted this a few times already this week.

Heeerenveen - Feyenoord will not end in a draw since Heerenveen will most likely end up playing EL play offs then and Feyenoord will miss out on CL qualifiers. Depends only on PSV to win at Excelsior.

A win for Feyenoord will give both clubs there most desired outcome. Feyenoord CL, Heerenveen EL

Only thing to win for Heerenveen with a win is 1 round later start in the EL

With Heerenveen @4 and Feyenoord @1.61 there must be some profit to be made.

Now if it was Italy i would put money on a 1-0 Feyenoord win...

No guarantees of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Just saw there that Cisse is 16/1 on PP to score 2 or more in the City game today. Value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Blatter wrote: »
    Just saw there that Cisse is 16/1 on PP to score 2 or more in the City game today. Value?

10 euro on that

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Blatter wrote: »
    Even the 15/8 anytime scorer is surely worth a tenner. Barcodes will score surely.

inforfun wrote: »
    I dont have the balls to do it but some of you might.

Posted this a few times already this week.

Heeerenveen - Feyenoord will not end in a draw since Heerenveen will most likely end up playing EL play offs then and Feyenoord will miss out on CL qualifiers. Depends only on PSV to win at Excelsior.

A win for Feyenoord will give both clubs there most desired outcome. Feyenoord CL, Heerenveen EL

Only thing to win for Heerenveen with a win is 1 round later start in the EL

With Heerenveen @4 and Feyenoord @1.61 there must be some profit to be made.

Now if it was Italy i would put money on a 1-0 Feyenoord win...

No guarantees of course.

Can't see Heerenveen just allowing Feyenoord to win, they won't want to come back to pre season training early for a play off Europa League match which they are not guarenteed to win. Don't see it myself, I'd presume both teams will be going for the win to ensure as long a summer holiday as possible. Just my thoughts, of course Feynoord could win, because they're the better team.

For sure Heerenveen will not say at kick off: here you go Feyenoord.
    But if Feyenoord is in front and PSV are winning you can safely assume Heerenveen is not going to push for an equaliser

Thing would have been a lot clearer if AZ had won on wednesday. In that case only a Feyenoord win would have suited Heerenveen (and Feyenoord of course).

It is something to keep an eye on in live betting, i suppose. Only way this match could end in a draw is if PSV are losing to Excelsior.

Almost guaranteed a 1-1 draw now.

Whats the opinion on everton today?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Newcastle +1 is 7/4 with Bruce betting.

Same bet is evens with pp.

Cracking bet.

They also go Cisse anytime 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Under 3.5 in Ekranas v Vilnius (Lithuanian league)
    Ludogorets (Bulgarian league)
    @ 1.80

Ekranas (top of the league) rarely scores more than 3 goals, while Vilnius don't concede too many goals, they lost 2-1 vs Zalgiris (2nd) and drew 0-0 with Suduva (3rd), these 2 teams met in a cup game 2 weeks ago and Ekranas won 2-0.

Any other result than a Ludogorets win would be a big surprise, they have to win to keep their title hopes alive and their opponents are crap.

Definately dont see newcastle -city as a game to bet on. Citys away form is unpredictable and newcastle may take a much more defensive approach than normal. Of course an early goal would change everything. Will city sit back on a 0-1 lead? Will cisse get the better of kompany?

thinking of going with tiote to be booked.

Rooney to score 2 or more @3.75 (boyles)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anderlecht to beat Club Brugge (8/13) and a small stake on Standard Liege to beat Genk (EVNS)

Looking at Sigma Olomouc (10/11) in the Czech League also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement