Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What comes first - mechanic or panel beater?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I need to get my car fixed up. Its a 99 citreon zsara. Its cosmetic/bodywork that has to be done.

Given the year of the car i've dicided to leave the dents in the car and just get the new parts fixed in. I've been told that i might need to get the back panel beaten out to fix in the new light.

So who do i bring my car to first. Panel beater or a mechanic or would it matter who i bring it to first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

IMO the mechanic! Dont want to have the car, straightened/sorted & shined & have some mechanic bang/drop/dent your newly prepared car.
    It may sound weird but you know, just to be on the safe side;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

If the damage is just cosmetic then why do you need a mechanic?
    My panel beater is a jack of all trades, so he does all the work on a crash repair himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why a mechanic. A panel beater can fit a light, and straighten the panel. Its all part of his job. He'll be just happy that he'd getting to fit a shiny new unit instead of an old damaged one.

Advertisement