Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Req) Where to buy Blinds

• 20-03-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking to buy 3 sets of blinds for my new apartment without paying Rip Off Republic prices. Can anyone recommend the likes of an E-bay trader, a warehouse on the border or even a trader in the Republic (or anywhere else) that will allow me to do this at best value for money. Reasons why you recommend each trader will also be welcome.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

What size are the blinds as we got ours in At Home with Hickeys, we got 5 blinds and the total was about 450, they were trying to charge 175 to fit them which was quite dear as my dad had them up in about an hour.

I wouldn't really recommend Hickeys as they did mess up one of the blinds and then when my g/f went back to complain about it she was treated very badly. all i can say is they are lucky I wasn't there when it happened.

And for the sake of 3 blinds it might be better off you buying in a shop, in case there is a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi,

I've used Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot before - they worked out a lot cheaper then the other options. At the time, 5 years ago, they did a free measuring and quote....
    Kavanaghs
    296 Ballyfermot rd 10 Dublin (01)6263173

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I second Kavanaghs

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I got mine from

MC Blinds
    Creighanroe, Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan
    Phone: (042) 9752999

I live in North County Dublin and got a 3 bed-semi detached done for about €600 from these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Tony wrote:
    I second Kavanaghs

Hi

same here, cheapest around, for me it was only last month I used them.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

Grays Blinds in Finglas are really good, and cheap too.

I got an apartment done (2 sets of patio doors vertical blinds and 3 windows) all for €450. They had them up in 10 minutes. You can pick any colour, trim, string and mechanism and mix and match them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Noelie wrote:
    What size are the blinds

Thanks for all replies so far. The blinds sizes are pretty much the height of the room. (ie 7 to 8 foot or approx 2.5 mtrs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

What about wooden horizontal blinds ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

PaddyFagan wrote:
    Hi,

I've used Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot before - they worked out a lot cheaper then the other options. At the time, 5 years ago, they did a free measuring and quote....
    Kavanaghs

Paddy

My sister just used these and found them very good.

I'll be using to do the blinds in my aparment when its ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

FrCrilly wrote:
    Hi,

I’m looking to buy 3 sets of blinds for my new apartment without paying Rip Off Republic prices. Can anyone recommend the likes of an E-bay trader, a warehouse on the border or even a trader in the Republic (or anywhere else) that will allow me to do this at best value for money. Reasons why you recommend each trader will also be welcome.

Thanks in Advance

We got two sets of blockout blinds from these guys - http://www.b4i.ie/
    I found them to be very reasonable and they delivered well packaged and in good time and the quality is top notch. I also suggest you avail of their sample service so you can see if "block out" is really what it says before you buy.

Aaron

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 chubbyjoe

We got blinds from Blinds4Ireland: http://www.b4i.ie/ as well

We installed them ourselves and was happy with them. We sent them the dimensions of the windows and had the blinds within a week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

We got ours from Crumlin Blinds:

UD1 Station rd Bus pk Clondalkin 22 Dublin (01)4056980

Came when they said they would and charged about €1,000 to make and fit 9 blinds of varying lengths and styles. Have the blinds for a year now with no problems (touch wood!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

PaddyFagan wrote:
    Hi,

Kavanaghs

Paddy

Just thought I’d give some feedback to anyone looking for blinds.

I acted on the above piece of advice. I got 3 windows measured, supplied and fitted (in 2 visits) with white vertical blinds for €600. Service was professional and I had no problems with them.

Dimensions (203cm * 167cm, 199cm * 213cm, 199cm * 213cm) for comparative purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

IKEA!! They sell blinds in multiple sizes and they can be cut by yourself to suit smaller windows and are very reasonable in cost. Also made from that blackout material so they keep all the light out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We got blinds from value blinds. The guys name is Ger, he comes out to your house and has every blind possible. Measures up, gives you options, opinions and prices. We paid €500 for 8 blinds for different shaped windows (including blackout blinds), that included fitting aswell.

http://www.valueblinds.ie/

I have no connection with the guy at all, but he did a great job. I got his details from askaboutmoney.

Problem with blinds is the shapes, we enquired in hickeys but its tricky to get them measured perfectly. This guy came to our house on a saturday morning, spent 40 minutes there and sorted us out. His guys came back 2 weeks later and fitted them. Perfect job no fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

+1 for IKEA ... I learned the hard way ... paid €400 to get the back of my house done with roman blinds (Acme Blinds) ... done the front of my house myself using IKEA Black Out Roller blinds for €84 and I prefere the IKEA blinds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

old thread + Request =

IBTL-Trinity.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

degsie wrote: »
    old thread + Request =

New blinds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oi... NO!

thread-resurrection.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement