Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair €2.99 Sale (probably FREE next week)

Options
  • 09-11-2009 6:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Ryanair Launches 1 Million €2.99 Seat Sale
    However worth noting that with their usual cycle of sales (2 weeks) the next one starting midnight Friday MIGHT be FREE.
    For those who don't know how to work Ryanair FREE concept (or 2.99 either) search for lots of previous post regarding Entropay, virtual Visa Electron card.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Turns out the 2.99 is UK price for UK originated flights. Cheapest from Ireland is 4.99 to Cork, Liverpool and Glasgow. Michael sometimes speaks from the side of his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

conolan wrote: »
    Turns out the 2.99 is UK price for UK originated flights. Cheapest from Ireland is 4.99 to Cork, Liverpool and Glasgow. Michael sometimes speaks from the side of his mouth.

The days of really cheap flights from Ireland with Ryanair are increasingly numbered due to the Government charging a departure tax on every passenger leaving the country. Airlines can't cover both the passenger charges at the airport and the Government departure tax, sell flights for nothing, and still make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

This is BS. If you look into Ryanairs cost structure 27% of their seats sold at full price cover their costs plus 30% mark-up. The incremental cost of selling the remaining 73% of seats is almost zero. Baggage check-in etc covers govt. taxes :)

I've booked lots of free flights (€0.01) for this month and next from Dublin and Shannon. keeping them as options.
    I expect to be able to book more soon, seems like these come around every 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Slothy

deadly but what were the taxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

i assume there were no taxes. I have booked many a flight for just 1 cent, nothing extra on top once you use entropay to get rid of the credit card charges.

When they say you can get flights for €0.01 they arent lying. its just if you bring luggage etc etc it can cost more but if you dont go for the extras they are just 1 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

True, it's possible to get free flights on Ryanair every couple of weeks. No taxes. No charges.

Usually if you buy one of the first few seats on the plane, you get it for between 1c - €2 inc taxes & charges. Depends on the destination of course.

Last time round I got
    East Midlands, Luton, Manchester, Eindhoven, Brussels, Paris (ex Shannon), Hahn (and from there Berlin).
    All for €0.01c per flight. All return.
    See my statement
    entropay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Last time round I got
    East Midlands, Luton, Manchester, Eindhoven, Brussels, Paris (ex Shannon), Hahn (and from there Berlin).
    All for €0.01c per flight. All return.
    See my statement
    entropay.jpg

Not trying to appear like an idiot here but why are the charges not showing up as 1cent but 4 ... 6 cents ? :)

Thinking of getting a virtual card ... (you'll still be hit for the online checkin won't you on non "Special Offer" flights won't you ? :) (5quid per checkin ?)

Because I booked more than one flight at a time, or more than one person. 4c means two of us outward and return.

Online checkin fee (AKA fuel surcharge) will apply of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

jes and i thought i was great gettin my return flight to liverpool for 6 euro! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Because I booked more than one flight at a time, or more than one person. 4c means two of us outward and return.

Advertisement