Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purple shoes?

• 04-09-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Up in TK Max in Carrickmines last Saturday looking to pick up a nice, yet cheap pair of runners.
    Browsed for a while(as is the usual with TK Max), wandering disappointingly as I reach high and low pulling out pair after pair with the constant feeling of enthusiasm shortly followed by a sharp frustration.

My quest neared an end when a line of purple rubber at the bottom of a shelving unit caught my eye.
    I reached down and with a heave, pulled out my diamond in the rough. An incredible pair of size 9, flamboyantly designed, purple and white runners.
    They were incredible to behold. I did however notice immediately that they were rather small. After trying them on for size, I was left coming to terms with the gut wrenching fact that they simply didn't fit. My disappointment was compounded by the shop assistants assurances that no other sizes were stocked.

As I wandered away, I slowly began to realise that these runners were rather feminine, far flung, bordering on queer* when compared to anything I've ever owned. I wondered if my taste in footwear had changed or was this a simple one of a kind instance.

How do other people feel about feminine, non-tacky clothing?
    Would you have a natural aversion to purple/pink footwear or do you own such a pair?

*Queer as defined prior to it's modern homosexual connotations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

personally with me and foot wear its like this

I've got a pair of pink Unkle dunks like these below...
    I dont care if they look feminie because they don't
    they are my pride and joy, any one whos ever seen them might throw a dig at me for wearing them but then again they dont really know what there talking about....

http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sp20.JPG
    most people who see them will never see a pair again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

personally with me and foot wear its like this

I've got a pair of pink Unkle dunks like these below...
    I dont care if they look feminie

http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sp20.JPG
    most people who see them will never see a pair again.

Snowy - you're an EMO:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CDfm wrote: »
    Snowy - you're an EMO:eek:

No I'm not! :mad:

I'm me and there arnt many people like me so Im told :pac:

No I'm not! :mad:

I'm me and there arnt many people like me so Im told :pac:

:D LOL

And OP the shoes are fine.

There are more sexual connotations out of bikers leathers or lycra cycling shorts then a pair of shoes.

If the shoes are a bit radical -so what .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

CDfm wrote: »
    There are more sexual connotations out of bikers leathers
    Most bikers wear Leathers for protection, as they can save the biker form needing a skin graft if he/she meets the road while moving.

As for the purple shoes, Op I think it might be time to trade your testicles for a pair of ovaries.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I have purple high-top converse and another purple pair of low-cut converse-type shoes. I get a terrible slagging about them but I think they're smashing looking so continue to wear them I shall.

Teferi wrote: »
    I have purple high-top converse and another purple pair of low-cut converse-type shoes. I get a terrible slagging about them but I think they're smashing looking so continue to wear them I shall.

What type of slagging do you get about the shoes. Fess up and help the OP come to decision if he is man enough for the shoes;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hahaha I've gotten everything from "gay shoes' to 'are you wearing your little sisters runners?' which I thought was gas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

They are pretty cool actually:).

• Advertisement

dyl10 well didya???

Advertisement