Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scratch on car, what to do?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

im gonna try to be as calm as possible now, but i just noticed that the door at the back of my car got keyed.. now the scratch is not huge, but you can see it..
    plus its a brand new black car , so we all know how a scratch looks on black.
    anyone had this problem before , could u tell me what products are out there that will help me on this one?
    ill try to put a pic tomorrow
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Meguiars Scratch X is supposed to be good, failing that you may be able to use a wax for black cars.

http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleaners/ScratchX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

You could try something like meguiars scratch x to start with, follow on with autoglym super resin polish, super resin uses fillers which can hide some of the scratch if its not too bad.
    Other wise you gould get someone to wetsand the area if it's not through the clearcoat and then machine polish to bring back the shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got the same problem with mine so I got some of this only €10 and blends in with metallic paint.

unbranded-turtle-wax-safe-cut-scratch-remover-150g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

thx all for the advice, i tried some farecla antiscratch product and it made it a bit better , i can still see it though, so will give that other product a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

If the G3 (i assume) didn't shift it, those products above won't. They have only a really really light cut.

As neil said, if its deep, wetsanding might be needed. I could try to polish it out by machine if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 seanofdbush

Hi,

My car got keyed badly at the weekend. Pretty long scrape across rear passenger door and rear wing. It's pretty deep in parts. Does anyone know if the products mentioned above would be any use, or would I need to get it fixed professionally? And if I did need to get it done, can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin that would do a good job without having to take out another mortgage?
    Thanks

Advertisement