Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Book those tickets!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16567387.stm

edit: Perhaps Kanu will be the next arsenal old boy to be brought back?

Actually, anyone else think Wenger responded to one of those 'Rich king of Nigeria' emails? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Mike Dean refereeing on Sunday ffs
    Awful referee, loves United. Never forget that game where he sent Wenger off for kicking the water bottle. He also booked 8 of our players when we hadnt a bad foul and let Fletcher make 10 fouls and no booking. Was seething after.

Always Mike Dean, Dowd or Webb when we play United. The 3 most pro United referees. UGH UGH UGH

On another note I think we will beat United Sunday. Whats that you say Mr Negative being positive?

Well it reminds me exactly of the game last season against them. We were in such a terrible run, chaos and most importantly played them at home, that it was bound to happen.

We will beat them but sadly don't be surprised if we lose to Spurs and/or Bolton in the next few games. Thats the way we roll, thats why its the most frustrating team to support, one step forward ten backwards.

Anyway even with the injuries, Wenger off his rocker, the team playing ****e, the fans baying for blood, and United hammering us with 8 goals a few months back and with their no 12 Mike Dean togging out, WE WILL WIN.

Well DB10, if we don't win I am holding you personally responsible!

DB10, Have you been on the Sherry? :P

Wait and see lads! :pac:

None of us thought we would win against Chelsea but we really turned the predictions on their head there.

I think in alot of these big games it comes down to on the day and what luck you get. United are comfortably better than us but they were last season also, and we won the match.

I just have that feeling again, surely the players have to have some pride or dignity in the jersey, we just lost two shockers against Fulham and Swansea, nevermind the humiliation United already gave us.

If the players aren't motivated for this game then I give up, but I just think they will be. We are capable of winning this game one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Rosicky has to start against United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

amacachi wrote: »

Never thought you'd say that ay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gosplan wrote: »
    Christ Samba hands in transfer request.

I'm not a massive fan of Samba, think he's been overhyped but he'd defo add to the squad. I know people will say you don't need another CB but in reality we could always use one.

Verm will see more time on the left wing in the near future methinks and we can't always rely on both Mert and Kos to be fit. I mean, he probably would have played yesterday if we had him.

Also, he'd be our second best striker.

We could do with some divine intervention alright :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

amacachi wrote: »

do you mean

Gah, rosicky has to start :mad:

or...

look lads, Rosicky has to start vrs united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Not even a rumor or dodgy made up tabloid story about Arsenal signing anybody :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I really hope Wenger doesn't start Benayoun again. I like him, but his only real use is as an impact sub to run at tired defences. He had 19 completed passes in 63 minutes compared to Rosickys 22 completed passes in 27 minutes. Probably why our midfield was so ineffectual on Sunday.

If Arteta is back I'd like to see Rosicky - Arteta - Song, failing that Ramsey - Rosicky - Song.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I just noticed that the most recent figures put Arsenal's wage bill now around £125m, not £110m as I thought. £125m!

I wonder how much the likes of Almunia, Squillaci, Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Rosicky, Benayoun, Arshavin, Chamakh and Park account for... varying degrees of talent there but not much value I'd bet. We might also be stuck with Denilson, Vela and Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I just noticed that the most recent figures put Arsenal's wage bill now around £125m, not £110m as I thought. £125m!

I wonder how much the likes of Almunia, Squillaci, Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Rosicky, Benayoun, Arshavin, Chamakh and Park account for... varying degrees of talent there but not much value I'd bet. We might also be stuck with Denilson, Vela and Bendtner.

Time to chuck out 10 pieces of dead wood from that list of 13 and replace them with 4/5 quality players. Then promote a few young lads as they can't be any worse than what we have now. Your list shows that we have bought some utter dross in Wenger's time. No wonder our wage bill is so high and we can't afford new players seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I meant I really want Rosicky to play. :) And that wage bill is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think Arteta will be back for Sunday. Maybe Rosicky instead of Arshavin or Ramsey would work. Although I think Ramsey might have a good game against the United midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I think Arteta will be back for Sunday. Maybe Rosicky instead of Arshavin or Ramsey would work. Although I think Ramsey might have a good game against the United midfield.

I think ramsey will be better with arteta alongside him, at least he wont feel pressured to do everything- hold up midfield and get forward etc. not making excuses for his crap performance but he gave himself a lot to do at the weekend and couldnt handle it.

Heres hoping we've verminator back too! :D

Diaby is on 60, Arshavin is on 70. I believe Almunia is on 55.
    All £ as far as I know.

edit: re: Denilson, Vela and Bendtner, I believe the loaning clubs are paying their wages in full or at least close to it. IIRC bender is on £50-60k per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

And we made Arteta take a paycut to join us!

Pretty sure Arshavin is on 80.

• Advertisement

We have 29 in the first team squad excluding Miquel and Yennaris who are officially reserve team.

GK
    Szcesney ✓ #1
    Fabianski ✓ #2
    Almunia - Needs to go in this transfer window tbh
    Mannone - Would have made it with us if he was going to at this stage; super game against Fulham a couple of years ago being his Arsenal highlight

DF
    Koscielny ✓
    Vermaelen ✓
    Mertesacker ✓
    Djourou ✓
    Squillaci - Again needs to go this window
    Sagna ✓
    Gibbs ✓
    Santos ~ Not convinced. He's 29 in March so he has maybe 2 years in him. We need to be looking longer term buying the left back version of Sagna would do nicely.
    Jenkinson ~ Not convinced either but he is 19 so lots of time. Just not sure we can depend on him when Sagna is injured he's too young and inexperienced.

MF
    Song ✓
    Ramsey ✓
    Arteta ✓
    Wilshere ✓
    Benayoun - Thank you kindly Chelsea but back to you he goes. Might still be able to do a job for an Aston Villa/Everton type of club.
    Rosicky - Pity about his injuries because he was looking quality up to then; he's now a shadow of that and his age is showing, wind down your career somewhere else in the summer Tomas.
    Diaby - A career of turgidness interspersed with some madskillz brilliance. Too injury prone, too anonymous, undependable. Lets send you off to somewhere where you can be a big fish in a small pond. Back to Auxerre?
    Arshavin - Clear evidence that you shouldn't buy players on the back of good showings at World Cups/Euro's. A fraud of a footballer who's happy to coast along picking up his £80k a week. Might not have been fully utilised on the wing for us but I doubt he'd have been much better in the hole. Well maybe if you put him in one and shot him. Hopefully Anzhi flash some swag at us and offset some of the loss on him.
    Walcott ~ Put it this way; if Liverpool with their penchant for signing overpriced overrated English players came and offered us £20m for him I'd struggle to keep a straight face while they signed the cheque. Having said that I'm loathe to let him go for peanuts because you can bet your bottom dollar the ****er would start consistently producing England -v- Croatia performances. Not sure what to do with this one.
    Chamberlain ✓
    Coquelin ✓
    Miyachi ✓
    Gervinho ✓

FW
    Van Persie ✓
    Chamakh - Don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip [well especially last season] but he just can't do it either. Pity, thought he'd have been a good player for us - someone to get on the end of those Sagna and [at the time] Clichy crosses to no one in particular in the box.
    Park - Why sign him if you don't even want to give him a chance let alone play him? Surely has to go down as one of the strangest and worst Aw signings ever. Even if he was bought to sell shirts; Inamoto was a similar buy but he ****ing played more times!

Its far too big a squad tbh, especially in midfield. There are particular areas that need addressing; as I've outlined I really think we need a quality left full back; Santos is too old and unconvincing to be the long term solution. Aly Cissoko at 25 could be that. As for right full; not convinced Jenkinson is an able deputy but he has time and we can always put the mercurial Koscielny there if needs must.

Midfield is a mess; carrying four players on big money for no good reason. Need to cull them and spend the savings on a creative midfielder of some description and a winger who is a winger and not a winger impersonator like Arshavin and Walcott. I'm willing to give Gervinho a chance, he might learn to finish in time. Lets go raid Ligue 1 again for Marvin Martin and break the club record for Andre Ayew.

Forwards, well what can you say... we actually have no one should anything happen to RVP or should he leave. Clearly that has to change. No point spending big money for someone to sit on the bench but we have to do better than Chamakh and Park. I've no suggestions other than young, promising and proven doing a job for middling team in Europe somewhere [i.e. relatively cheap and easy to get].

Overall we have far too many obscenely paid journeymen for want of a better word. Almunia, Arshavin, Squillaci, Rosicky, Benayoun, Diaby, Chamakh and Park need to go asap. Hopefully that should free up money for replacements; we don't need like for like just quality in the right places. You need to mix that with youngsters who are happy to compete for a place and get a chance when/if injuries happen - look at Welbeck and Cleverly at United for example.

You'd hope that Campbell, Bartley, Frimpong and Lansbury should be able to come back from loan and do a job of some description. Yennaris and Iggy should be enough defensively even if we get rid of Squillaci and A.N. Other.

Hopefully we can get a bit of money for Mannone, Bendtner, Vela and Denilson. Or at least get them off the wage bill to free up some money.

Out of interest and I don't think I'm a million miles off with this;

Arshavin £80k/yr
    Rosicky £70k/yr
    Diaby £60k/yr
    Benayoun £40k/yr
    Chamakh £50k/yr
    Park £30k/yr
    Squillaci £40k/yr
    Almunia £55k/yr
    Denilson £40k/yr
    Bendtner £60k/yr
    Vela £40k/yr
    Mannone £20k/yr

That's £31m of wages for painfully average players. I know some of them are on loan so we wouldn't be paying them but its not far off that. I'd say.

We need rid of those and we need 5 quality players in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

^^^^^Excellent post, agree with everything you say. But sadly I dont think any of it is going to happen anytime soon, Wengers to stubborn to admit his mistakes plus a lot of those players wont get thos kind of wages anywhere else and are quite happy to sit in the Emirates stands earning it for doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arseblog today makes a similar point. Too many players on huge money just not producing. While I do feel sorry for Diaby in that he's had his career pretty much destroyed by a digusting tackle, its time to let him go. No point having 8-10 players in the squad that Wenger simply doesnt trust.

The Wenger line that we have a big squad is a fallacy, there's actually only 15-18 players that he trusts to get the job done.

Echoes of Ged Houllier's Liverpool off our squad actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If Arshavin actually tried and worked hard and ran all over the pitch and was seen to be making an effort, he might get less stick and it would be OK but it is the fact he is talented but doesn't try a damn leg. It is completely unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd definitely keep Rosicky and probably Benayoun too. Everyone else in cson's post however, I'd have no problem with getting rid of.

Considering Chamakh came here on a free I'd say he's on more than £50k a week.

I'd say the problem with these players might be less Wenger's stubbornness and more that nobody is willing to take them on at their current wages. Almunia and Squillaci certainly look like being in that situation.

I'd be inclined to dump Gibbs and Djourou too. We could probably still get reasonable fees for them. Bartley can take Djourou's spot and Darren Anderton can take Gibbs'.

Speaking of Bartley, how is he doing in Scotland? Does he look like hell be up to the standard when he returns? I dont watch much Scottish football o havent seen much of him.

I agree on Djourou hes far to inconsistent really and hes not young to be still learning his trade anymore.

On Gibbs aswell he has a lot of potential but hes out injured far to much to be any use really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

L'prof wrote: »
    Looks like we're offering van Persie trials to prove his worth.

Forget the policy of picking up 16-18 year olds.
    Does anyone what happened to Bergkamps young fellow ?

Holy sh** that is one sad list.
    Imagine that team lining out, a collection of the perennial injured, the big headed and the couldn't give toss.
    :rolleyes:

The only thing that would make that list complete would be to add a few more of the signing that should never have been signed.
    You could add that united reject silvestre for starters.

Does any other club have the same number of injury prone or apathetic players ?

I am not allowed discuss …

cson wrote: »
    I've no suggestions other than young, promising and proven doing a job for middling team in Europe somewhere [i.e. relatively cheap and easy to get]

Just on this; Newcastle's latest signing would fit the bill; proven goalscorer in the Bundesliga for £7.5m.

• Advertisement

People saying we can't afford huge wages must be having an absolute laugh. You know there is a big mix up of myths at Arsenal now. Denilson when he was here was getting paid a fortune when you consider his ability. Diaby is on a lot, how much is Almunia still getting paid? Then you add in Arshavin, Chamakh, Djourou, Rosicky and so on.

So many average performers on astronomical wages when you consider the ability they have and how consistent (or lack of) they are. Wages IMO is not the problem at the Arsenal. It is clearly down to a lack of management and ambition. Just scrape by and do enough to get 4th spot is the ambition and has been for 5 years now.

Well that is about to go out the window now and I for one don't care if we fail to get into the Champions league now because it will force the club to react.

We're not willing to pay 1 world class player £180k, but we are willing to pay 3 mediocre players 60k each.

RVP should be just given his contract and told to fill in whatever figures he wants. And to be honest, I almost feel bad for him if he stays and we don't bring in anyone of quality so we might have a prayer in the League/Europe... even FA Cup.

Denilson, Diaby etc were all given high wages to get them to sign. They were paid on potential rather than worth so that they didn't sign elsewhere. Denilson has been a complete and utter failure while injuries have robbed Diaby of his potential. Chamakh meanwhile would have gotten higher wages due to being a free transfer, nearly every free transfer is on higher wages. Arshavin was a huge name signing late in January hence him getting more or less what he wanted.

Almunia would have gotten a wage increase when he displaced Lehmann a few years ago. Djourou meanwhile was (not sure if he still is) an International defender so would have gotten a pay rise too.

It's not simply a case of throwing money at players for no reason. Players like Almunia got lucky while players like Diaby could have been worth it if they lived up to their potential. It sucks that we have so many players on wages much higher than they deserve but it is what it is and I reckon that's why we have been stingy with wages recently. To avoid it happening again.

We're not willing to pay 1 world class player £180k, but we are willing to pay 3 mediocre players 60k each.

RVP should be just given his contract and told to fill in whatever figures he wants. And to be honest, I almost feel bad for him if he stays and we don't bring in anyone of quality so we might have a prayer in the League/Europe... even FA Cup.
    That is exactly it.

We should be signing the likes of Hazard and Goetze. Real quality players. Give these sort of players big wages. They can win and dictate the out come of games.

Why can't we sign Podolski, Hazard and Goetze and put these players on big wages. Then fill in the rest of the squad with consistent and workman like performers. The likes of Scott parker would have done wonders to this squad. Hard working, consistent performer and you know what you will get.

Gary Cahill is another player. Chelsea signed him for 7 million, 80k he will be on. What did we do? Signed Mertesacker and I bet he is on good wages but the problem is, he is a low standard player. Cahill in the long term would have been the better signing and would be worth 80k a week.

Instead, we have average players on 60+k a week and talented players like Arshavin on huge money in excess to 80-90k a week who don't try and aren't consistent. It is the other way around.

I'd rather Mertesacker than Cahill tbh, the latter is yet another example of overpriced overrated English 'talent'. £7m for a player who's had a poor season and is out of contract in the summer is madness.

I'd rather Mertesacker than Cahill tbh, the latter is yet another example of overpriced overrated English 'talent'. £7m for a player who's had a poor season and is out of contract in the summer is madness.
    Didn't try a leg though for Bolton. He wanted out. Might be a dodgy attitude in that regard but he has the ability to be a top class CB. Mertersacker is just too slow and not good enough. That is the reality.

He was a panic buy. Wenger probably doesn't even rate him or wanted him. He just had to be seen to sign some one as it was all last minute transfers basically.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That is exactly it.

We should be signing the likes of Hazard and Goetze. Real quality players. Give these sort of players big wages. They can win and dictate the out come of games.

Why can't we sign Podolski, Hazard and Goetze and put these players on big wages. Then fill in the rest of the squad with consistent and workman like performers. The likes of Scott parker would have done wonders to this squad. Hard working, consistent performer and you know what you will get.

Gary Cahill is another player. Chelsea signed him for 7 million, 80k he will be on. What did we do? Signed Mertesacker and I bet he is on good wages but the problem is, he is a low standard player. Cahill in the long term would have been the better signing and would be worth 80k a week.

Instead, we have average players on 60+k a week and talented players like Arshavin on huge money in excess to 80-90k a week who don't try and aren't consistent. It is the other way around.
    Chelsea have been ripped off with Cahill. I find it a little ironic people complaining about high wages and then complaining we didn't get Cahill for 80k a week, he's not worth anywhere close to that! He'd also be in the EXACT same position as Mertesacker currently is. Third choice. If Mertesacker is a low standard player, Cahill doesn't even regisister. I'd much rather Mertesacker in my team than Cahill.

Scott Parker meanwhile is a very average player. A good run of games and suddenly everyone makes him out to be world class. He's average and nothing more.

Two players I'm glad we avoided.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Chelsea have been ripped off with Cahill. I find it a little ironic people complaining about high wages and then complaining we didn't get Cahill for 80k a week, he's not worth anywhere close to that! He'd also be in the EXACT same position as Mertesacker currently is. Third choice. If Mertesacker is a low standard player, Cahill doesn't even regisister. I'd much rather Mertesacker in my team than Cahill.

Scott Parker meanwhile is a very average player. A good run of games and suddenly everyone makes him out to be world class. He's average and nothing more.

Two players I'm glad we avoided.
    Well this is just arrogance in all honesty. Our squad is FULL of average players. From CB to the forward areas. Scott Parker would have been a fantastic squad player and would be filling in right now. Ramsey is performing like an absolute donkey now and has been for a while.

Mertesacker is out of his depth.

It'd take around 7 foot for Mertesacker to be out of his depth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mert is better than Cahill. He has improved since the beginning of the season imo . It's his first season in the premier league so he deserves a chance to adapt.

We've taken 4 points in the last 4 league games. That's not top 4 stats sadly and needs to be addressed promptly. I do believe the sooner we get Sagna and Verm back the idiotic goals such as the ones against Swansea and Fulham will dry up.

Also fcuk me song needs a break, the lad has looked knackered the last few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Why O why dont we revert back to 4-4-2, we've had all our success with this formation, Can you imagine how much more we could get out of RVP if he had a competant striker playing alongside him, im sick of this 4-5-1 formation its aloada bo****ks, far too negative in my opinion.

Im starting to feel sorry for the Ox as well, can you imagine how he's feeling with the absolutely diabolical Walcott and Arshavin getting the nod ahead of him :eek: Talk abut sapping the lads confidence.

I love Wenger but some of his decisions quite simply baffle me :mad:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Why O why dont we revert back to 4-4-2, we've had all our success with this formation, Can you imagine how much more we could get out of RVP if he had a competant striker playing alongside him, im sick of this 4-5-1 formation its aloada bo****ks, far too negative in my opinion.

While I do agree with you I would love to see us revert back to 4-4-2 our current formation just isnt working nor has it for a long time but the problem is we dont have the player for 4-4-2 anymore, who would play alongside Van Persie? I was all for giving Theo a chance up front but hes been so ppor lately I dont want him anywhere near the pitch.

Plus we have so many central midfielders now who would play, Song, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshire, Coquelin, Rosicky, Diaby, Arshavin although not suited to a standard central midfield role is neither suited to the typical winger role.

Basically I think its a good idea but it would mean a major overhaul on personel, the dead weight and our good players.

Mmmhmm, who is going to play in attack beside Robin in a 4-4-2?

Mertesacker has been a very good signing. Nice player, reminds me of Steve Bould and will probably always be underrated.

Has Arshavin ever played behind RVP? I know he's likely to be as useless as he usually is [and I said as much when I went through the squad a few pages back] but in terms of options we have **** all so maybe 4-4-1-1 might be one.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    With 4-4-2 you need proper wingers. Something we lack. Also, who do you leave out in the middle if everyone is fit? I'd love us to revert to something like 4-4-2 but we just dont have the players right now.

Szczesny

-- Sagna -- Koscielny -- Vermaelen -- Santos/Gibbs

---- Walcott? -- Song -- Wilshere -- Arteta?

Park/Chamakh* -- van Persie

Sounds good in theroy but we dont really have the players needed to do it properly. Chamberlain could be in for Walcott but we'd still have a problem on the left side. Arshavin will still be getting games so long as he is here, that means either he plays LW, or up front with van Persie. Rosicky wouldnt have the pace to play on the wing imo. The only other option is Gervinho who is struggling as it is. I listed Arteta as we dont really want to be leaving any of Song, Wilshere and Arteta out when they are all fit.

If we get a few real wingers in, then it would work and our biggest problem would be who to leave out in the middle. Until that happens, I dont see 4-4-2 coming back any time soon :(

*Assuming Henry is only here for the two months. Otherwise, he's in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

While I do agree with you I would love to see us revert back to 4-4-2 our current formation just isnt working nor has it for a long time but the problem is we dont have the player for 4-4-2 anymore, who would play alongside Van Persie? I was all for giving Theo a chance up front but hes been so ppor lately I dont want him anywhere near the pitch.

Plus we have so many central midfielders now who would play, Song, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshire, Coquelin, Rosicky, Diaby, Arshavin although not suited to a standard central midfield role is neither suited to the typical winger role.

Basically I think its a good idea but it would mean a major overhaul on personel, the dead weight and our good players.

Id play Chamakh up front with Van Persie no other option unless he goes out to buy a striker (Giampaolo Pazzini would be top of my shopping list), I still feel Chamakh has something to offer but only as a second striker the lone role up front doesnt suit him at all . Id have Wilshere and Song in the middle of the park with Ramsey and Arteta there for cover and get rid of Diaby, Arshavin and Rosicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

I'd give Arshavin a few games up along VP. I reckon he'd be very good playing just off him. Might be wrong but he's played there before for Russia and looked a different player altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just on this; Newcastle's latest signing would fit the bill; proven goalscorer in the Bundesliga for £7.5m.

A mate of mine lives in Freiburg and is full of praise for the toon's new signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

A mate of mine lives in Freiburg and is full of praise for the toon's new signing

dont know too much about him but from the stats ive seen of him he looks very decent indeed. Something like 33 goals in 53 matches over 2 years. Not a bad return at all.

Def think we need to sell before we can buy :(

Didn't Arteta play left wing a lot for Everton?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement