Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S Advance (i9070)

Options
  • 14-06-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

samsung-i9070-galaxy-s-advance.jpg

Lost my SGS jogging the day before yesterday and CPW issued me the i9070 to replace it (was hoping for an S2 but c'est la vie). Seems a nifty little thing based on the specs (articles/reviews here and here) have it punching well above the original Galaxy S in most respects.

The phone runs GB 2.3.6 as standard and unfortunately there's been no word of a future ICS upgrade as has been issued to the S2.

Sadly for those of us who hate stock firmware O2's version of the Advance comes fairly riddled with bloatware and the modding community for the phone is in its infancy with only one awkward rooting method and no kernels or ROMs. There is an Open Europe version of the firmware available but I haven't flashed it yet which hopefully might be slightly less bloated.

Anyone else get the phone recently and feel like sharing their views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just to update, I've just flashed rooted the phone (having previously flashed the Open Europe firmware), everything seems to be fine for the moment. Will relay further information if it comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hi just wondering how your getting on with this phone? I just picked one up recently as my iphone died

Advertisement