Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Recommendation

Options
  • 28-09-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

My 8 year old is taking piano lessons and seems to like it so far. He has access to a piano but we were thinking of getting him a keyboard where he can practice at home. Can someone give me a recommendation of a keyboard ? Something better than a starter, with full keys, that he will get a few years out of. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Hi Mumha,

I am looking for a keyboard for my wife for xmas. She is a complete beginner.

The Yamaha YPT-230 in argos for 130euro gets great reviews.

Have you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

The lips wrote: »
    Hi Mumha,

I am looking for a keyboard for my wife for xmas. She is a complete beginner.

The Yamaha YPT-230 in argos for 130euro gets great reviews.

Have you bought?

Hi, I did eventually. I got a recommendation from a friend of mine in the business, for a Yamaha psr-343, which along with a stand came in at €239. I don't what benefit the extra €100 would give us, but that's what we got anyway. It makes a big difference to my son, in being able to practice as much as he wants at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Mumha wrote: »
    Hi, I did eventually. I got a recommendation from a friend of mine in the business, for a Yamaha psr-343, which along with a stand came in at €239. I don't what benefit the extra €100 would give us, but that's what we got anyway. It makes a big difference to my son, in being able to practice as much as he wants at home.
    Yes a little over my price range at the minute but at least he shouldn't outgrow it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

The lips wrote: »
    Yes a little over my price range at the minute but at least he shouldn't outgrow it for a long time.

That's indeed why we bought it, a little bit of future proofing !

Advertisement