Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fault code reader and diagnostics

• 18-07-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

I have a 2003 Renault Laguna II DCi 1.9 120BHP.

I get an intermittent injection warning/glow plug fault light that causes it to cut the turbo boost. It flashes on for a second or two, there is a huge loss in power and then it goes out and carries on as normal.

This is begining to happen more frenquently and has gone from very occaional to several times per use of the car.

I need it hooked up to a fault code reader that is compatible, or a diagnostic unit.

Anyone have one, or recommend an independent somewhere that can have a quick look that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Anywhere in greater Dublin would be good.

LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I have a 2003 Renault Laguna II DCi 1.9 120BHP.

I get an intermittent injection warning/glow plug fault light that causes it to cut the turbo boost. It flashes on for a second or two, there is a huge loss in power and then it goes out and carries on as normal.

This is begining to happen more frenquently and has gone from very occaional to several times per use of the car.

I need it hooked up to a fault code reader that is compatible, or a diagnostic unit.

Anyone have one, or recommend an independent somewhere that can have a quick look that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Anywhere in greater Dublin would be good.

LD

They use a "renault clip" instead of regular obdII scan tool. Dealers charge €50 upwards just to read codes a price I think is excessive.

The ERG valves often get gunged up with crap
    There is a couple of you tube videos will tell you how to remove and clean. But not sure this is your problem.

Last time I looked for a renault clip on ebay it was in range 170 to 250 euro. Might be cheaper now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Thanks for that.

Yeah, I've done all the usual stuff. Cleaned the EGR valve, changed the MAP sensor, and the fuel filter. Changed the glow plugs.

Found this place today, http://www.ivd.ie/

Going to give them ring tomorrow.

LD

Advertisement