Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default Desire HD stock ROM?

Options
  • 04-09-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey guys, so recently I've attempted to S-Off my ol' Desire HD, and may have messed up somewhere along the whole process.
    The process of recovering through RUU still works but it doesn't work with just any RUU, so I've been trying to find the one that was shipped with the Desire HD for Three, but to no avail. Anyone know where I can find the stock ROM for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Hey guys, so recently I've attempted to S-Off my ol' Desire HD, and may have messed up somewhere along the whole process.
    The process of recovering through RUU still works but it doesn't work with just any RUU, so I've been trying to find the one that was shipped with the Desire HD for Three, but to no avail. Anyone know where I can find the stock ROM for this?
    Use the stock European RUU.

I highly doubt there is one released by Three Ireland. They get the stock European ROM and add their crap on it so you are better off going stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Dannysaurus

I tried loads, but unfortunately the phone's locked to Three, which is now a pain trying to get the original ROM

I tried loads, but unfortunately the phone's locked to Three, which is now a pain trying to get the original ROM
    That doesn't make any difference. You are probably not using the correct one for your software version.

There is a difference between a ROM and a RUU.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    That doesn't make any difference. You are probably not using the correct one for your software version.

There is a difference between a ROM and a RUU.

Ah, fair enough, my bad. Yeah I meant the RUU :3

How do I find out which one would be the appropriate one? And are you sure? I took a cruise through xda dev forums and there seem to be RUU's catered specifically for ones that are carrier branded, bar the ones for Three Ireland. Though there is a UK version which doesn't work with mine.

Ah, fair enough, my bad. Yeah I've meant the RUU :3

How do I find out which one would be the appropriate one? And are you sure? I took a cruise through xda dev forums and there seem to be RUU's catered specifically for ones that are carrier branded, bar the ones for Three Ireland. Though there is a UK version which doesn't work with mine.
    Yes I am sure.

Bookmark this link if you can follow it it will solve your problems.

• Advertisement

Attempting to flash through fastboot at the mo. Spent most of the time since your post waiting on that download, so it's still sending the zip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

have you tried a task29?

@Kav: Attempted to push the RUU through fastboot, now the only problem holding me back is a faulty SD card which gives me a signature error so that may have to wait a bit, but it's going well so far and I appreciate the help :3

@Tea Bag: After a quick search, uhm, no not yet, but I'll give it a go after attempting the first one. Is there any risk of further damaging my phone with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just to clarify, I've never used task29 on my desireHD, never needed to, but I discovered it while converting a HD2 to Android, and its a great little program. I assume its compatible though.

At least you are getting somewhere now, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I would suggest you do fast boot get var cid. If you have any luck it starts with HTC. I know that o2 change it so you can only use an o2 RUU. Which doesn't exist. Wither way that would explain the signature check failure.....

Are you soff already? Any chance you could set super CID and use the unbranded ROM?

So, the SD card was corrupt, or at least the first one that I used in attempts to S OFF the phone.

Borrowed a new one, gold carded it, and successfully flashed the RUU. Now running custom ROMs and have flashed a newer radio on it. I really appreciate the help guys, thanks :)

Advertisement