Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolution [NBC - US] [* Spoilers *]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Basq wrote: »
    I personally don't predict long for this..

.. I think the average America viewer's fascination with a post-apocalyptic future is long and truly buried

And I can't blame them.. it's all become so tired and formulaic.

Have just caught up with The WalkIng Dead graphic series (comic?) and everything feels so fresh and raw after over 100 issues. Network TV still just feels far too safe.

I don't want to rant but we need a graphic no-holds-barred account of a post-apocalyptic future from the likes of
    HBO.

Things aren't all in-jokes and sweetness and light in the future.. it's all too saccharine!

HBO's The Stand. Now THAT I wanna see ;) Randall Flagg could be one of the greatest bad guys in TV history if they could epitomise evil effectively enough.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Basq wrote: »
    Have just caught up with The WalkIng Dead graphic series (comic?) and everything feels so fresh and raw after over 100 issues. Network TV still just feels far too safe.
    As an aside: Is it any better than the TV show? I have no like for ABC's show at all.
    I don't want to rant but we need a graphic no-holds-barred account of a post-apocalyptic future from the likes of HBO.
    So much more potential. I think "The Passage" could make an interesting series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ixoy wrote: »
    As an aside: Is it any better than the TV show? I have no like for ABC's show at all.

You mean AMC? The comics are much better. Let's just say they don't have to worry about contract negotiations or anything affecting whether or not a character gets killed off. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote: »
    As an aside: Is it any better than the TV show? I have no like for ABC's show at all..
    It's superb.. The unfortunate thing is that Robert Kirkman makes his characters always disposable - whereas a TV show couldn't do what Kirkmam did In issue 47 / 48.

Don't wanna spoil it but AMC couldn't get away with it - and they wouldn't try to.

Huge shame as it'd be VERY brave, but no chance.
    Goldstein wrote: »
    HBO's The Stand. Now THAT I wanna see ;) Randall Flagg could be one of the greatest bad guys in TV history if they could epitomise evil effectively enough.
    Yep.. While it's very dated, it has huge potential as a far darker series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

This is awful, all the good guys are so pretty and clean, they wear 15 year old clothes that haven't aged a day. They are all to good looking while the people around them fit in with the situation.

Gus or what ever his character name is in this is playing the exact same character right down to the glasses.

Oh and the magic amulet which is so important there seems to be 3 identical ones. So why is fat Google guys one so important if the 2 other ones have solved the problem?

Oh and a world worked fine on steam power.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This is awful, all the good guys are so pretty and clean, they wear 15 year old clothes that haven't aged a day. They are all to good looking while the people around them fit in with the situation.

Gus or what ever his character name is in this is playing the exact same character right down to the glasses.

Oh and the magic amulet which is so important there seems to be 3 identical ones. So why is fat Google guys one so important if the 2 other ones have solved the problem?

Oh and a world worked fine on steam power.

That is one thing i'll give Falling Skies credit for....the cast look like shiite! :p
    Dirty, hair messed up...looks like they haven't washed in weeks, FS gets alot wrong but this aspect they always get right.

The premiere was MASSIVE! :eek: a 4.2 demo :eek:

I think post apocalyptic fatigue is setting in and Revolution just isn't strong enough to last. By rights it should be one of the seasons biggest hits, the pedigree behind it is fantastic. Eric Kripkie's Supernatural, after 7seasons remains one of the best things on TV. Abrams has delived his fair share of great TV, that said he can be rather hit and miss but the shows even the misses have a lot going for them. The cast is solid and Favreau is decent director though no one would believe that based on the pilot which was visually uninspiring and had all the flair of a wet paper bag in the drain. It all looked so familiar and you could see The Walking Dead, Life After Earth, I Am Legend and Falling Skies all rolled into one on our screens. If Revolution is to be a hit then they need to make it stand out from the crowd and visually it's doing absolutely nothing for me.

There was a lot of spectacle on show, overgrown cities, that famous Baseball field being reclaimed by mother nature, crashed planes, etc, etc but it's nothing we haven't seen a dozens times before. I Am Legend covered similar visual territory and without the blandness on show in Revolution. The pilot also went out of it's way to try and create a sense of mystery, starting with the event was a nice touch and then jumping forward to the world as it is in the future means that there's a lot of potential for back story which if it were on HBO would have me really excited as they could do something like we saw in the excellent Stakeland. Sadly I fear that were going to get episode of the week drama with our heroes helping out wrong innocents.

I really hope I'm wrong about the show and it developed into something original as there's a lot of potential considering the setting and the talent invovled.

Revolution quarter hours:

Revolution 1/4hr #tvratings 10pm: 13.367m viewers 4.7/12 A18-49; 10:15pm: 11.376m 4.0/10; 10:30pm: 10.939m 3.8/10; 10:45pm 10.932m 3.8/11

Finals: 4.1 demo + 11.65m viewers.

Yeah I agree with you. Fallen Skies and TWD pull off the grubby battle worn look of the characters, Revolution doesn't. It's just to clean and pretty. I did like the over grown back drops though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

but their not battle hardened people, so why would they look like ****, they live in a somewhat civilized society, there are rules and they pay protection money to the militia for that, charlie and the people living in that "town" are farmers/hunters (of animals) and have been for what looks like over a decade,

also you have to think how much the population has fallen in 15 years, millions probably died for not having their medicine, a simple cut off a nail could kill you if you didnt have anything to treat it with, there was definitely a struggle for power, which is probably still going on,

the society in this show isnt the one we live in today, people will have different motives and be willing to do more extreme things,

and also if this happened, me personally would go straight to the food and clothing shops and hoard as much **** as i could get my hands on, and there would be plenty of nice fresh clothing to steal and keep hidden somewhere nice and clean so i could barter the stuff for years, we live in a society of excess with to much of everything available to us so its no surprise to see clean clothes 15 years later, they can also be washed;),

i cant understand why people find it hard to judge something like this happening, take out the electricity going out part, and just think of an event happening that reduces earth population to about 1 billion, and armys rising up against governments and enslaving the population under an iron fist to do what they tell them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Just wondering if anybody knows when a TV show called "Revolution" will be aired in Ireland. It recently started in the US (on NBC), and seems to be getting good reviews.

(PS. Mods, if this is the wrong forum, please move)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its not strictly off-topic, but I think Television is now a better place for show-specific questions to be asked so I'll move it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Don't know when its airing in Ireland, but theres a thread on the show here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056544725

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Revolution threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah this show makes no sense. If Electricity no longer worked then human life would also cease to exist. The body does make extensive use of electrical impulses after all..

Combine that with the terrible acting (or maybe just the script) and I don't see this lasting at all.

Shame because it does have some big names behind it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Redisle wrote: »
    Yeah this show makes no sense. If Electricity no longer worked then human life would also cease to exist. The body does make extensive use of electrical impulses after all..
    They've only had one episode, and they haven't offered any kind of explanation yet, so it's bit premature really to be saying it makes no sense.

I think it's also pretty clear from the ending that it's not the case that all electricity has stopped existing, just that something is actively preventing electrical devices from working.

For e.g. it's not beyond the realms of physics that some type of device or natural phenomenon could cause a long term EMP that would disable electronic devices while have a negligible effect on people.

Redisle wrote: »
    Yeah this show makes no sense. If Electricity no longer worked then human life would also cease to exist. The body does make extensive use of electrical impulses after all.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

solar storms have effected electrical items in the past, most power plants have Faraday Cages surrounding their equipment in case a solar storm, or other electrical pulses knocks out the electrical equipment, it means once the storm passes the equipment is still intact and ready to work straight away, instead of having to replace all the circuitry that shorted when whatever kind of pulse hit it,

maybe something is happening with the sun and its in some kind of cycle that its sending more radiation then normal out into the solar system, and that is whats effecting how electricity is now made, and that little USB Device (which is definitely encased in a faraday cage) has some kind of software that helps reverse the effects on a small scale, and the reason people are communicating with each other is so they can find a way to mass produce the effects,

maybe charlies mother felt she had to much to offer the project, than raise her children so she went of to work in some lab, but charlies father said shes dead, cause only so many people could be provided for in the lab, both charlies parents know what happened and seemed to either work for the same company or on the same project,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

This might make the premise little more believable:

So...that second episode eh?, everyone seems to think Charlie/Tracy is a shiite actress!!
    And how is she only 16?????

I'm done. It's dribble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Watching this program is like having a constant sense of deja vu.
    Also how on earth could somebody be overweight in this society!? They walk everywhere and I couldn't imagine their diet would be too fattening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Terrible performances... and what has happened Eric Kripke's writing? Horrid! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Maybe it's just because I'm comparing this to drivel like Terra Nova and Falling Skies, but I didn't think it was that bad. Not good by any means, but better than the aforementioned shows anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Each time I see or hear "blackout" during the programme, I keep getting Flash Forward flash-backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This show is stupid, like others have said electricity stops working for our devices but somehow it hasn't affected the universe which is completely dependant on electrical charges.

Why don't combustion engines work? That one makes no sense whatsoever, they have oil lamps that still work.

Have they completely forgotten about steam power?

How come they all have designer clothes and perfect teeth?

The chain gang was the most ridiculous thing, they all had brand new yellow vests.

Dumb American TV. They want to go for an American civil war era look and logic be damned if it gets in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ScumLord wrote: »
    This show is stupid, like others have said electricity stops working for our devices but somehow it hasn't affected the universe which is completely dependant on electrical charges.

Why don't combustion engines work? That one makes no sense whatsoever, they have oil lamps that still work.

Have they completely forgotten about steam power?

How come they all have designer clothes and perfect teeth?

The chain gang was the most ridiculous thing, they all had brand new yellow vests.

Dumb American TV. They want to go for an American civil war era look and logic be damned if it gets in the way.

There was a bit in the first episode where they said they had come to the end of the Scotch.

Now, we have temporary prohibition here in the Czech republic for anything above 20% because of a pair of fuppin eejits(I wont go into it). After a week or so I set up a small cursory still and made my own medicinal brew(I had a cold at the time), and while it didnt taste great it did sort out my throat. I find it hard to believe that if civilisation broke down people wouldnt set up their own stills all over the place. In fact id expect homemade spirit to become part of the new currency.

Another plot device that wasnt thought out very well.

syklops wrote: »
    There was a bit in the first episode where they said they had come to the end of the Scotch.

Now, we have temporary prohibition here in the Czech republic for anything above 20% because of a pair of fuppin eejits(I wont go into it). After a week or so I set up a small cursory still and made my own medicinal brew(I had a cold at the time), and while it didnt taste great it did sort out my throat. I find it hard to believe that if civilisation broke down people wouldnt set up their own stills all over the place. In fact id expect homemade spirit to become part of the new currency.

Another plot device that wasnt thought out very well.
    miles ran a bar in chicago, there was a still behind the bar, different areas will have different drinks, depending on what ingredients they can get their hands on, i think feeding family's would be priority to getting people drunk, and with no GM seeds available or chemicals to kill insects and good fertilizer to guarantee growth, you have to be careful what you plant in case you have a bad crop,

yeah about the clothing, people probably raided a warehouses, probably caught the summer line at Kmart, so the militia probably stocked up, sure there were probably a few thousand pairs of them available, and sure realistically how many people do they plan on enslaving, a few thousand outfits would probably last a while,

do people realize that the population of america has probably dwindled from 300 million people to probably 80-90 million, so there was probably enough clothing available to cloth 300million people with possibly 10 different outfits on average each when the blackout hit,

no one said combustion engines dont work, its 2 episodes in, why are there no giraffes around like:rolleyes:,

i can already foresee this thread being endless bitching and people jumping on the bandwagon and instead of debating why X and Y is happening their just saying "but their teeth are white" and "their clothes are clean", weve been washing clothes for 3 Millennia, and grab some sooth from the fire add some water like your grandparents did to wash their teeth,

In fact id expect homemade spirit to become part of the new currency.
    America still has a strong moon shinning tradition in some places and it's considered medicinal on top of getting your drunk.
    don ramo wrote: »
    yeah about the clothing, people probably raided a warehouses, probably caught the summer line at Kmart, so the militia probably stocked up, sure there were probably a few thousand pairs of them available,
    I wouldn't see those clothes lasting decades, I have t shirts a few years old that are falling to bits. If they where using hand made clothes they would last decades but they're all wearing light clothing that's not even designed to last.
    no one said combustion engines dont work, its 2 episodes in, why are there no giraffes around like:rolleyes:,
    They did say combustion engines don't work in the first episode.
    i can already foresee this thread being endless bitching and people jumping on the bandwagon and instead of debating why X and Y is happening their just saying "but their teeth are white" and "their clothes are clean", weve been washing clothes for 3 Millennia, and grab some sooth from the fire add some water like your grandparents did to wash their teeth,
    It's hard to get into a story when the plot is silly and full of all kinds of stupidity.

America still has a strong moon shinning tradition in some places and it's considered medicinal on top of getting your drunk.

sure as i said miles owned/ran a bar in chicago, and that doctor knows here way around medicine, she made that stuff for the asthma attack, and made poison that killed the lads on the plane,
    I wouldn't see those clothes lasting decades, I have t shirts a few years old that are falling to bits. If they where using hand made clothes they would last decades but they're all wearing light clothing that's not even designed to last.

it hasnt been decades its been 1 decade and half, and also clothes come in plastic bags until the shops put them on shelf so that they dont deteriorate while in storage, i have clothes that are 3 or 4 years old, their a little worse for wear cause they've been through so many washes, but i still wear them cause they still look and feel ok, you can still buy brand new ireland soccer jerseys from itailia 90, and further, the old style rugby jerseys would last ta 20-30 years once you keep the moths away from them,
    They did say combustion engines don't work in the first episode.

yeah modern ones, ones that require electricity to start them and run all the lights and sensors that keep the engine in check, all them fuses in the car are for electronic stuff, and any car built in the last 10 years has some kind of computer running it in some way,
    It's hard to get into a story when the plot is silly and full of all kinds of stupidity.

just cause you dont know how to do it, doesn't mean it cant be done, and why even watch a show like this unless you can even accept 2% of the premise, we got to the 20th century without electricity, so i think its safe to say wed survive is if disappeared,

• Advertisement

yeah modern ones, ones that require electricity to start them and run all the lights and sensors that keep the engine in check, all them fuses in the car are for electronic stuff, and any car built in the last 10 years has some kind of computer running it in some way,

just cause you dont know how to do it, doesn't mean it cant be done, and why even watch a show like this unless you can even accept 2% of the premise, we got to the 20th century without electricity, so i think its safe to say wed survive is if disappeared,
    What happened all the smart people though, they seem to have gone back centuries rather than just losing electricity. People build combustion and steam engines for a hobby, people can turn biological waste into gas and electricity. It's like every intelligent person on the planet disappeared along with electricity and all they where left with were the pretty people that are too stupid to do anything more advanced than plant a potato.

The site I watched this on had comments at the bottom saying how interesting this show was and how they didn't see the twist coming at the end of episode two.
    How the mother shows up to be alive, it didn't seem to dawn on them that the only well known actor in the show wouldn't have been killed off inside the first two episodes.

What happened all the smart people though, they seem to have gone back centuries rather than just losing electricity. People build combustion and steam engines for a hobby, people can turn biological waste into gas and electricity. It's like every intelligent person on the planet disappeared along with electricity and all they where left with were the pretty people that are too stupid to do anything more advanced than plant a potato.

The site I watched this on had comments at the bottom saying how interesting this show was and how they didn't see the twist coming at the end of episode two.
    How the mother shows up to be alive, it didn't seem to dawn on them that the only well known actor in the show wouldn't have been killed off inside the first two episodes.

yeah but like i said, its only 2 episodes in,

i do agree with you about steam engines, and i will be disappointed if they dont show up at some point during the show, but you gotta think how big a task it is to build something like a steam engine, you gotta mine the raw material, build giant casts ETC, its easier now with electricity, we have robots that can move 40 tons of steel with ease, then when its built you have to acquire the fuel to run the thing,

so with such limited resources id say it would be a luxury to be running one, and seeing as people arent allowed own guns, i would say the military also own the trains and use them to transport troop around, so only use them when they need to move large numbers of troops to battles and ****,

i also agree with ya on the mother, the second i heard Elizabeth Mitchell was recast in the role you knew she would turn up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Don Ramo wrote:
    miles ran a bar in chicago, there was a still behind the bar,

I didnt see the still, but why did he say "Thats the last drop of scotch in Chicago so lets leave"?!?. Not a direct quote, but thats what irked me.

Anyway i gave up on the show. Its more like a show thats on around 4.30 in the afternoon not NBC Primetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think even with suspension of disbelief the characters, writing and actors are terrible. The only thing this show has going for it is a mildly interesting premise which they appear to be handling very poorly.

I didnt see the still, but why did he say "Thats the last drop of scotch in Chicago so lets leave"?!?. Not a direct quote, but thats what irked me.

Anyway i gave up on the show. Its more like a show thats on around 4.30 in the afternoon not NBC Primetime.
    yeah he was on about that particular type of scotch, it was in an original bottle, he was saving the good stuff for special occasions like,

weird how everyone is giving out about the electricity, clothing, white teeth, but nobody is the least bit curious about who's randall and why was yerone so adamant about informing who ever is on the other end of the computer that hes there, rather than run for her life, and its cool that he just has that device hanging from his neck and can use the electric prodding iron,

i also liked the new character they freed from the militia, she should be a bit of fun,

seeing as nobody here actually lives in america and doesnt get NBC straight to their TV i dont think it makes a blind bit of difference when its on, i also watch castle and Hawaii Five-0 which are on at the same time, so even with TIVO i couldnt watch all 3, i like my TV schedule much more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,631 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Have to say its awful. That young girl is ****ing awful

• Advertisement

The only thing I like about "Randell" is the name. I'm hoping it's a nod to Stephen King. Which if it is, it might renew what little interest I've left in this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

It's the little attention to detail problems that make you think if they couldn't get it right in the first two episodes will they bother later on when the enthuasism of "we're finally making this" wears off.

Muskets. Where the hell did they get muskets. The US has more guns than people but few if any of them are muskets. The show must have had difficulty finding enough muskets for some scenes. Even if they have all spent the previous 15 years shooting the few billion bullets in the US at each other surely it would be easier to make new bullets than new muskets.

Clothes: Who is churning out all those nice new clothes. They all look like they just came home from a shopping trip to the local outlet mall. Are they trying to make us believe the stockpile of new clothes in the US outlasted the stockpile of bullets?

Clean: Everything is spotless. And not only clothes as mentioned above. Where the hell are all the women getting shampoo & conditioner. How are Miles, Nate (or whatever his real name is) etc shaving? Did the EMP (or whatever) cause all facial hair in the world to move to the google guy?

Hopelessly good looking: Why are all the young people so hopelessely good looking in every show where the world ends? Is it survival of the fittest? And your one playing Charlie is awful. Has some kind of a brooding stare that she thinks fits all situations.

Age: 15 years is a long time. I'm a wreck compared to 15 years ago and I'm younger now than Miles, the mother, the father and Monroe were in the opening scenes. Apparently they didn't age at all. They didn't even change their hairstyles. I think Miles may have been wearing the same clothes.

Food: They all appear well fed (some too well fed) but at the same time they are reduced to growing veggies in an old car (because apparently raised beds are harder to make than muskets)? And when heading off on this long epic journey they took small little backpacks and apparently are going to forage what they need even though their leader (the girl) hasnt been more than a few miles from her home since she was a young girl.

That said I'll give it a go for a few more episodes. Lost was decent for a few seasons and hopefully JJ Abrahams will be watching and will get more hands on when he sees it going off track. I thought the Walking Dead was gone completely downhill in the first few weeks of Season 2 so shows can sometimes surprise you and turn things around. Of course it could be another one season Terra Nova......

touts wrote: »
    It's the little attention to detail problems that make you think if they couldn't get it right in the first two episodes will they bother later on when the enthuasism of "we're finally making this" wears off.

Muskets. Where the hell did they get muskets. The US has more guns than people but few if any of them are muskets. The show must have had difficulty finding enough muskets for some scenes. Even if they have all spent the previous 15 years shooting the few billion bullets in the US at each other surely it would be easier to make new bullets than new muskets.

i agree they should have better weapons, but at the same time they probably didnt get their hands on a big enough cash after the blackout to hand proper guns out to every member of the militia, but the muskets were pretty bad alright,
    Clothes: Who is churning out all those nice new clothes. They all look like they just came home from a shopping trip to the local outlet mall. Are they trying to make us believe the stockpile of new clothes in the US outlasted the stockpile of bullets?

Clean: Everything is spotless. And not only clothes as mentioned above. Where the hell are all the women getting shampoo & conditioner. How are Miles, Nate (or whatever his real name is) etc shaving? Did the EMP (or whatever) cause all facial hair in the world to move to the google guy?

like i already said, the current population of america is 300 million people, and there are enough clothes in all the shops to cloth everyone 10 if not 20 times over, probably more, cause of the shopping culture these days, and now id say its safe to say over half the population is dead, from improper medical care, disease, starvation, murders ETC ETC, leaving plenty of clothes,

people still know how to clean themselves, granted the slick pretty hair is a bit much, but there are no issues with shaving and being generally clean, weve been cleaning ourselfs long before dove soap and gillette fusion proglides,
    Hopelessly good looking: Why are all the young people so hopelessely good looking in every show where the world ends? Is it survival of the fittest? And your one playing Charlie is awful. Has some kind of a brooding stare that she thinks fits all situations.

its not survival of the fittest, its survival of the most adaptable, most teenagers (and adults) once their relatively in good shape should look good, heath and fitness relate to how good someone looks, granted there spruced up more for a show, but i dont thing it should be used as a stick to beat the show with, shows like the walking dead and falling skies use 10 times more makeup on the main cast as this show probably does,
    Age: 15 years is a long time. I'm a wreck compared to 15 years ago and I'm younger now than Miles, the mother, the father and Monroe were in the opening scenes. Apparently they didn't age at all. They didn't even change their hairstyles. I think Miles may have been wearing the same clothes.

Food: They all appear well fed (some too well fed) but at the same time they are reduced to growing veggies in an old car (because apparently raised beds are harder to make than muskets)? And when heading off on this long epic journey they took small little backpacks and apparently are going to forage what they need even though their leader (the girl) hasnt been more than a few miles from her home since she was a young girl.

they all know how to hunt, that whats the google guy was giving out about at the start, that all the kids were more interested in hunting than physics, rule 1 in post apocalypse is learn how to survive, and going to your local centra isnt how you do it, its out into the woods hunting rabbits,
    That said I'll give it a go for a few more episodes. Lost was decent for a few seasons and hopefully JJ Abrahams will be watching and will get more hands on when he sees it going off track. I thought the Walking Dead was gone completely downhill in the first few weeks of Season 2 so shows can sometimes surprise you and turn things around. Of course it could be another one season Terra Nova......

again lost wasnt a JJ Abrams, he helped CO-create it and left early in season 1, and had only very sporadic involvement from then on,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

again lost wasnt a JJ Abrams, he helped CO-create it and left early in season 1, and had only very sporadic involvement from then on,

and we get yet another of his technology is bad shows

what really bothered me was the lights turning off on the cars and city in neat sequence, made no sense just looked kinda cool.

• Advertisement

the main actress is 29, some confusion over on imdb too, but i don't know what age she is supposed to be playing on the show

the main actress is 29, some confusion over on imdb too, but i don't know what age she is supposed to be playing on the show

She's 24....the IMDB guys dug around and got it nailed down, she's this type that can look older or younger depending on makeup/clothing....besides Maxim/Stuff would never allow a model to be nude under 18, while it's legal at 16 in the US photographers and publications frowm upon this + it opens them to exploitation/underage accusations.

She wasn't half bad on Being Human, so it's either she's not arsed or is bad or a bit of both. Personally i don't find her *that* hot.....anywhoo, viewer reaction is turning more negative as Revolution goes on while Last Resort has gotten a very positive reaction :)

She's 24....the IMDB guys dug around and got it nailed down, she's this type that can look older or younger depending on makeup/clothing....besides Maxim/Stuff would never allow a model to be nude under 18, while it's legal at 16 in the US photographers and publications frowm upon this + it opens them to exploitation/underage accusations.

She wasn't half bad on Being Human, so it's either she's not arsed or is bad or a bit of both. Personally i don't find her *that* hot.....anywhoo, viewer reaction is turning more negative as Revolution goes on while Last Resort has gotten a very positive reaction :)

ah right, she looks like somebody was a kid actor but she wasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody caught this new show yet?

The world has lost all power, NOTHING electrical or mechanical works, this show is set 15yrs after the shutdown, a few flashbacks are included.

Cast is pretty strong and includes Billy Burke (Twilight - Charlie, Bella's Dad), Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet-Lost), Giancarlo Esposito (Gus - Breaking Bad) plus quite a few more.

Only 2 episodes out so far (Pilot & Chained Heat) so not much catching up to do, unsure what station is showing it over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New, high profile drama from the States.
    Why did you think that there wouldn't be a thread already? :o

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

weird how everyone is giving out about the electricity, clothing, white teeth, but nobody is the least bit curious about who's randall and why was yerone so adamant about informing who ever is on the other end of the computer that hes there, rather than run for her life, and its cool that he just has that device hanging from his neck and can use the electric prodding iron,

Meanwhile Desmond Hume and Robert Hawkins are wondering who the hell keeps talking to them and who Randall is. :D

Ah, the show's ok. I'll give it another few episodes. They did try to explain away that electricity can't be generated due to something stopping it. One good thing about that would be no more static shocks. :pac:

I hear episode 3 was brutal!....dreadful dialogue.....?

11 mins into the 3rd ep and its dreadful lol

If this gets a season 2 it will be a miracle beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yeah, that ep was pretty much a stinker. I'm out. I'll catch up over the Summer months, but I really couldn't be bothered tuning in week after week if this is what we're getting.

How are the ratings going, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement