Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page Eight - BBC2 Sunday 28th August

Options
  • 28-08-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a trailer a few weeks ago for this and just realised that its on tonight at 9 on BBC2. Looks like a great thriller with an excellent cast.
    Spy drama set in London and Cambridge. Johnny Worricker is a long-serving MI5 officer. His boss and best friend Benedict Baron dies suddenly, leaving behind him an inexplicable file, threatening the stability of the organisation. Meanwhile, a seemingly chance encounter with Johnny's striking next-door neighbour and political activist Nancy Pierpan seems too good to be true. Johnny is forced to walk out of his job, and then out of his identity to find out the truth.

Stars Bill Nighy, Rachel Weiss and Michael Gambon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Didn't bother I looked at the trailers and that mix of the perfect left luvvie cast (all fine actors but all suspiciously "on side") and David Hare sent out warning signals. I expect its very tasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Just watched it- found it vague and uninvolving. It looked and felt very grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

I watched this at the time but I don't remember what I thought of it.

Anyway the sequels are on tomorrow evening (Thursday) at 9.00pm and next Thursday (on BBC2).

Bill Nighy reprises his role as MI5 spy Johnny Worricker in Turks & Caicos and Salting The Battlefield, the second and third instalments of David Hare’s Emmy-winning spy thriller.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/worricker-press-pack.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Re watched this and thought it was excellent. Something a little different. Classy.
    Great acting and a good script. It was nice to have a chance to watch something of intelligence for a change.

Looking forward to Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Didn't bother I looked at the trailers and that mix of the perfect left luvvie cast (all fine actors but all suspiciously "on side") and David Hare sent out warning signals. I expect its very tasteful.

I watched the repeat and I was bang on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Yup, it is very grey and complex in places. At the end of the day, its about high ranking civil servants who keep and betray secrets as the moment allows. Jackie Chan and Daniel Craig failed the audition.

Advertisement